PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Hametup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need Imagio as shipped, without Bloat

Help, I have been through many of these cooked Roms...thanks for all of your work. Are there any Roms that just remove the Verizon bloat? If I am asking this question in the wrong place I am so sorry...I am new to this...

Last edited by Hametup; 04-29-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Imagio as shipped, without Bloat

You need to post this down in the forum not in the upgrade threads.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hametup is a n00b
Re: Imagio as shipped, without Bloat

Well I would delete my opening post but cannot figure out how to do that..I can only edit it...
Old 04-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: I need Imagio as shipped, without Bloat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hametup View Post
Help, I have been through many of these cooked Roms...thanks for all of your work. Are there any Roms that just remove the Verizon bloat? If I am asking this question in the wrong place I am so sorry...I am new to this...
I tried to create one. If that statement does not inspire confidence -it shouldn't. I have created my own rom before and am using it now. I did not test this new rom bc I have no desire to flash my phone. You can check out the thread here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116586

The info is in post #2.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hametup is a n00b

Thanks so much, I'll check it out...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
[21895]Project Orange ROM[Mar 25] is very nice and seems be the closes to the stock in my opion but Sense 2.5.2012 was added to replace Touchflo 2.0, all else appears to be same as 3.04 ROM.. I haven't tried maisonpulaski new released version but if it is good it may work for you..

Last edited by Wildman; 05-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hametup is a n00b

Thanks I will try it once I get a Hardspl without a virus...as I understand it everone has been ignoring the worm that is attached to the Whitestone Hardspl but my computer is a work computer and I do not wnat do disable the virus scan...the chance of infecting my entire company's server is too big of one to take...yikes..
Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks I will try it once I get a Hardspl without a virus...as I understand it everone has been ignoring the worm that is attached to the Whitestone Hardspl but my computer is a work computer and I do not wnat do disable the virus scan...the chance of infecting my entire company's server is too big of one to take...yikes..
I know that your virus scan says that it is a virus -but is it possible that it is just whatever they use to identify your computer as one that has already used the HSPL? Because they do use something that causes their system to remember your computer so you can only use it once for free. So it is possible that you will never find a "clean" version (if this is what your computer sees as a virus).
Old 05-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hametup is a n00b

nah I haven't tried to run it before. the virus is a worm called bloodhound.32.er and my norton will not allow me to run the file...it just quarantines it....so sad... I really want to clean up my phone...remove this vzn stuff...thx for the ideas tho

Last edited by Hametup; 05-02-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
nah I haven't tried to run it before. the virus is a worm called bloodhound.32.er and my norton will not allow me to run the file...it just quarantines it....so sad... I really want to clean up my phone...remove this vzn stuff...thx for the ideas tho
Norton describes this in regards to Bloodhound.Exploit.32 is a heuristic detection for the Content Advisor Memory Corruption Vulnerability as described in CAN-2005-0555.

There isn't anything destructive in the files payload, Norton has been experiencing a number of False Positives and restricts access to fully safe files and allow other infection pass, I have cabs I created myself of themes for Pocket PC and Norton likes to call them infected (Funny) its nothing but simply images but since it doesn't have a Microsoft cert file on cab it quarantine it.

You can run msconfig and disable Norton without uninstalling and disable the application for a temporary time but you should be able to disable just by right clicking on corner icon, have you done this yet?

Last edited by Wildman; 05-03-2010 at 11:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio