PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

bigben1165 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
background light stuck on 10seconds, wont change!

my imagio works great accept the background lighting only stays on for 10 seconds. i reset it to 1 minute, and it just goes back to 10 seconds. i have changed it, then soft reset, soft reboot, and the onscreen reset, and pulled the battery, nothing works! how can i get the screen to stay lit for 1 minute, this is very frustrating!!! no matter what i do, it will not save this one setting, i hate it.

please help!!!

thanks, ben
Old 04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: background light stuck on 10seconds, wont change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1165 View Post
my imagio works great accept the background lighting only stays on for 10 seconds. i reset it to 1 minute, and it just goes back to 10 seconds. i have changed it, then soft reset, soft reboot, and the onscreen reset, and pulled the battery, nothing works! how can i get the screen to stay lit for 1 minute, this is very frustrating!!! no matter what i do, it will not save this one setting, i hate it.

please help!!!

thanks, ben
I hate when this kind of BS happens. Was it like this out of the box or only recently? Recall what apps you installed since you first noticed the issue. Try deleting and soft resetting. If that doesn't work then a dredded hard reset should fix it.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigben1165 is a n00b

funny you bring up how old the phone is. its a replacement handset that i just received on thursday! this is my 3rd or 4th imagio, each time it has to be replaced its because of freezing issues. ive had this issue once before and i had to do a hard reset, i fricken hate doing that. every time i talk to verizon they say "well, this is NOT a know issue", this is after i read on the internet about how so many people have the same issues.

thanks for answering, so you think i have to do a hard reset? i backup with SPB backup, will it just back up after the reset with the same problem?

ben
Old 04-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

Rhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRhodium500 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes spb backup will likely bring the problem back. what software have you installed lately that might have caused the issue.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigben1165 is a n00b

the only downloads i have done are from the Marketplace program. scrabble, spb backup, reset button, opera 10, and facebook.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wow, guess I'm lucky for not having those kind of issues and on so many imagios. Verizon will just hard reset it for you anyway if you take it in.
As mentioned, recall what you've installed,it could be your problem. Thats why most likely a hard reset will fix, butif you re-install the same stuff, then same issue is a good possibility. Be best to figure out what it is.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
the only downloads i have done are from the Marketplace program. scrabble, spb backup, reset button, opera 10, and facebook.
If it was me, I would uninstall in reverse order till I figured itout. Or just hard reset and re-installone by one testing backlite each time. I advise against using spb backup. You don't have that much to reload anyway and it would def bring it right back.
Good luck!
EDIT: just noticed you said "reset button" get rid of that first.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigben1165 is a n00b

i intentionally put very few programs on it in an effort to avoid screwing up the phone. guess that didnt work!! i installed them all at the same time after i received the new phone. it seems no matter what i do i have some problem with this phone! i love the phone, the size, screen and capabilities are awesome, why wont the GD thing just work!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
i intentionally put very few programs on it in an effort to avoid screwing up the phone. guess that didnt work!! i installed them all at the same time after i received the new phone. it seems no matter what i do i have some problem with this phone! i love the phone, the size, screen and capabilities are awesome, why wont the GD thing just work!!!
One more comment, just suck it up and start over. HR and check your lite issue. Then carefully reload stuff one by one. Give yourself enough time between each reload to verify your ok with the lite issue. Your right this is an awesome phone and if you haven't tried any custom roms yet you should. I have only reset my phone between rom installs. It has been one of the most stable wm devices I've ever had.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bigben1165 is a n00b

what should i use instead of spb backup? if i cant install programs on this POS im going to buy a cheap phone and run this one run over with the lawnmower.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio