PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: background light stuck on 10seconds, wont change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1165 View Post
what should i use instead of spb backup? if i cant install programs on this POS im going to buy a cheap phone and run this one run over with the lawnmower.
WOW....... so it's the phone's fault? Probably not, but if you think it is, then you just call Verizon service, tell them what the problem is, they'll have you try a couple of things and then send you a new phone. It's really just that simple. I doubt however they'd replace it for lawnmower damage!

Last edited by johncal; 04-20-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

azieba is a n00b

How are you testing? I only ask because, if it is dimmed and you just press a button, the default is about 10 seconds. However, if it is dimmed and you unlock it, it should stay on for your set time period. This was done intentionally to prevent items in your pocket from constantly keeping it on and killing battery.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben1165 View Post
my imagio works great accept the background lighting only stays on for 10 seconds. i reset it to 1 minute, and it just goes back to 10 seconds. i have changed it, then soft reset, soft reboot, and the onscreen reset, and pulled the battery, nothing works! how can i get the screen to stay lit for 1 minute, this is very frustrating!!! no matter what i do, it will not save this one setting, i hate it.

please help!!!

thanks, ben
I have ran onto that issue when using s2u2 because it overrides the units primary power management application and also other apps has been known to do this...

Try this...
1. Look over everything installed and see if any of them have a setting to control or lock device.
2. Disable all power management settings and see if usit stays awake all the time (If so then that isolates it to software not phone)
3. After tring this with no luck then I agree a hard reset and installation of apps one at a time until identified.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio