PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
hard spl commercial

Ok so I have already unlocked one phone with the hard spl which was back when the hard spl first came out. however, that phone got screwed so i am sending it back to Verizon and they sent me a new one. i just flashed the stock rom and relocked the phone i am sending back. now im trying to unlock the new phone i got but i get an fatal error telling me that it is not for commercial use and that i have already used the unlocker once before and i need to contact some email. what the hell is up with that. first of all how the hell does it know i have used the hard spl before and what the hell difference does it make. it is a completely different phone and i tried it on 2 different computers. please some one help i need the phone unlocked and flashed with a new rom before i go on a trip in 2 days.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: hard spl commercial

Hey man , if you read the forums you would know that the unlocker is only good for one flash. You will have to to buy the second one from cmonex. She has to get something for all her work. You don't work for free do you?
Doubt if you will reach her before your trip , good luck man.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r

Last edited by jbh00jh; 04-14-2010 at 06:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Hey man , if you read the forums you would know that the unlocker is only good for one flash. You will have to to buy the second one from cmonex. She has to get something for all her work. You don't work for free do you?
Doubt if you will reach her before your trip , good luck man.

seconded
Old 04-14-2010, 06:52 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Ok so I have already unlocked one phone with the hard spl which was back when the hard spl first came out. however, that phone got screwed so i am sending it back to Verizon and they sent me a new one. i just flashed the stock rom and relocked the phone i am sending back. now im trying to unlock the new phone i got but i get an fatal error telling me that it is not for commercial use and that i have already used the unlocker once before and i need to contact some email. what the hell is up with that. first of all how the hell does it know i have used the hard spl before and what the hell difference does it make. it is a completely different phone and i tried it on 2 different computers. please some one help i need the phone unlocked and flashed with a new rom before i go on a trip in 2 days.
I believe how she does it is via your IP. So if when you get that error, you follow the onscreen instructions to donate, it should allow you to run the unlocker immediately after you donate.

At least it did for me.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work

I know its going to hurt but.......you're going to have to pay
Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

i look at it this way...

shes giving everyone a freebie
then if you need it again, she still doesent charge a set price for it, she just asks that you give what you can.

i think thats more than fair.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:36 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
I believe how she does it is via your IP. So if when you get that error, you follow the onscreen instructions to donate, it should allow you to run the unlocker immediately after you donate.

At least it did for me.
I believe you are correct.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Lurker

ravewolf is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post

At least it did for me.
There is a catch 22 here as two methods are used to record what device used the unlocker: When you first unlock your phone, the phones IMEI is recorded in the database along with your IP address. Any further attempts from the same IP address or the same phone on another IP address will deny the flash, including on devices that have never been unlocked before. So once I had unlocked my phone my IMEI and IP was recorded. When my friend wanted his phone unlocked and gave it to me to do, the instant I connected the usb and ran the unlocker it tagged his phones IMEI with my IP and denied the unlock. If we would have originally done his unlock on his computer, then it would have worked perfectly.

One thing we did learn from this lesson though is if you try to unlock the phone once denied using the web form directly on the site, it will not work as it will not accept your full IMEI id number. You will have to try to unlock using the unlocker, be denied and then click on the link that pops up as this will automatically put the IMEI in the form.

This happened to a friend of mine and he had to pay regardless, which he was more than willing to do so. Besides, even though most got theirs for free, I would think that most donated to her cause. I know I did, best money ever spent.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Well I tried it with a completely different phone on a network that I had in fact downloaded the unlocker from once before. Then I tried it from a different computer but still on the same network. Then I tried it on what I think was a computer and network that I had not used before but still nothing. Then I just clicked yes to donate, gave my $5, and it worked fine. So it looks like all you have to do is donate $5 and it will work, or have a phone that has never been used before with the unlocker and make sure to use the unlocker on a computer and a network that has also not been used before. My question is once you donate can you use the unlocker multiply times or do you have to donate each time?
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

http://whitestone.htc-unlocks.com/hard-spl.php

She states on the htc-unlocks site that an addition one can be given for free if it is for a replacement phone. you just have to request it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio