PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Steelhead69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
google calendar

My wife and I are sharing a google calendar to try and stay organized. She has a HTC Droid and I have the Imagio. When I use Active sync, all of my events from my phone show up on our google calendar, but I can't receive hers - even though they are on the calendar...help
Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker

Adiliyo is a n00b
Re: google calendar

it's round about, but maybe you could sync her calendar with outlook and then sync that with the phone?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelhead69 View Post
My wife and I are sharing a google calendar to try and stay organized. She has a HTC Droid and I have the Imagio. When I use Active sync, all of my events from my phone show up on our google calendar, but I can't receive hers - even though they are on the calendar...help
Did you download the Google Calender Sync App to your desktop? In the settings there are some options to either sync one way (Outlook to Google) or to sync two ways (outlook to google and google to outlook). Sorry if you knew that. Trying to help. You can double check that your settings are set for two way.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Google Sync messed up my calendar something AWFUL!

I had literally THOUSANDS of duplicate holiday entries, birthdays & anniversaries.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Google Sync messed up my calendar something AWFUL!

I had literally THOUSANDS of duplicate holiday entries, birthdays & anniversaries.
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Google Calendar Sync. Speaking for the other side -I have not. Works great for me.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I am sorry that you had a bad experience with Google Calendar Sync. Speaking for the other side -I have not. Works great for me.
yet.
keep an eye on it just in case. Maybe they've fixed whatever issue there was, but it pretty much scared me away from it.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
If you share one google calendar (not a great idea imho but workable) AND you can see her events on the website then it's a matter of sync to your phone.

You need to rule out if she's even syncing to google.com from her phone (1-way, 2-way sync, etc. in the settings).

Once your google calender is verified & working the active sync should work, otherwise try other solutions like oggsync, goosync, etc.
#1 smartphone annoyance: wasting 40% of home screen on a clock.
FINALLY! - with Windows Phone 7 Series... we are taking accountability for the entire experience. That means you will not see layers, like HTC Sense or TouchFLO built on top of the UI by OEMs or MOs (mobile operators). - Aaron Woodman, Microsoft Director of Consumer Experiences
Old 04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

daroga is just getting started

I highly recommend http://www.nuevasync.com/ for your calendar needs. I had a member on here recommend it to me and I paid the $25 for year for the advance options, but it does quite a bit on the basic level for free.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: VZW

Timmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good workTimmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good work

This is the one I have been using for sometime now...and most of all it's FREEE!

Called GMobileSync
http://gmobilesync.codeplex.com/releases/view/23265

I have never had an issue with this app...keeps my Thunderbird (Lightning Calendar) and my wife's phone all in sync with each other. Hands down one of my most used apps.

Check it...
Attached Files
File Type: cab GMobileSyncSetup.CAB (459.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio