PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Kitchen?

Now that we have been graced with the ability to open up our Imagios (thanks Cmonex!) what are the chances we'll get a kitchen like I was used to with my XV6800? While I am technically ept enough to use a kitchen, I have no idea how to put one together...

For those who haven't used a kitchen, the one for the 6800 was a breeze, basically you picked and chose what you wanted installed in your rom from a list of options (like what calculator, clock, taskbars, icons, etc.) and it built the file to be then installed.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

awanderingsoul83 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Kitchen?

Kitchens will come, these Chefs are just now getting acquainted with the Imagio, many of whom do not have the device themselves (Mr. X and NRGZ2. It will just take time.
Previous Devices: HTC 8125 Wizard, HTC 8525 Hermes, HTC Touch Pro (Fuze).
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Laserbeme is a n00b

Always something else that adds to the wait... D'oh!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

+1 for the Kitchen request. NRG's rom is amazingly fast, but there are just so many programs that I will probably never use...
Old 03-15-2010, 06:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makryger View Post
+1 for the Kitchen request. NRG's rom is amazingly fast, but there are just so many programs that I will probably never use...
Yea, exactly. I'd like just a real minimalist ROM with the VZW stuff striped out, but I'd still like to have Sense 2.5 & 6.5.5 on it. I like to add only a few apps myself and put them on the SD card.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:40 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what's the problem if you have more apps then you can use ? Not like you guys are gonna run out of space on your phone or anything and it's not like the extra apps slow down the phone...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jonharm is a n00b

Some people are kinda OCD about that man - me for instance (That's why i'm so psyched about the lightweight NRG roms you were talking about)!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28 View Post
So what's the problem if you have more apps then you can use ? Not like you guys are gonna run out of space on your phone or anything and it's not like the extra apps slow down the phone...
You are pretty much right NRGZ. I guess it is like when people complained that Vista was using all their RAM. The couter arguement was why do you need all that RAM if you aren't using it.

But, for me, I guess it is a little OCD. The phone is kinda like my workspace. I have a problem thinking if my workspace isn't organized. So, everyday I take a minute to organize my desk and then I can get on with my day. With all of those apps on there it is simply confusing because I don't use them. I have to skim through them everytime I try to launch the one I want. Sense 2.5 does make this easier, however; since I can pin them to the Home Tab.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonharm View Post
Some people are kinda OCD about that man - me for instance (That's why i'm so psyched about the lightweight NRG roms you were talking about)!
True true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingoutofhabit View Post
You are pretty much right NRGZ. I guess it is like when people complained that Vista was using all their RAM. The couter arguement was why do you need all that RAM if you aren't using it.

But, for me, I guess it is a little OCD. The phone is kinda like my workspace. I have a problem thinking if my workspace isn't organized. So, everyday I take a minute to organize my desk and then I can get on with my day. With all of those apps on there it is simply confusing because I don't use them. I have to skim through them everytime I try to launch the one I want. Sense 2.5 does make this easier, however; since I can pin them to the Home Tab.
Yeah... good point. Well I do plan on starting a light version of my ROM, so we should see it in a few days' time.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

I have put together a kitchen based on the new ervius visual bepes kitchen,
I do not have an imagio so I cannot test it out, it builds the ROM from start to finish and I got the system files and XIP from joojoobee666 so they should be good. all the files are stock so if you want pretty looking icons and bootscreens you will have to add them yourself, I also added Sense 2.5 for those that want it. again I can't guarantee that this works 100% and you will have to do your own tweaking to get it how you like it.

Imagio_Kitchen

big thanks to whoever made the Kitchen (don't know if it is erius or bepe or both) thanks to joojoobee666 for providing the XIP and SYS, to everyone that threw in their knowledge on creating a kitchen from scratch I couldnt have done it without the geeks on ppcgeeks.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not responsible for your device, use this at your own risk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio