PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZ

chrysalis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery drain after updating AmazGPS

My battery suddenly went downhill after I updated the AmazGPS program yesterday. Usually my Imagio lasts about two days after a full-charge. Now it will last less than 8 hours even without making any phone calls. Has anyone experienced such dramatic drop of battery performance? I uninstall the AmazGPS program but it does not seem to help at all.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get here. This is so annoying!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Re: Battery drain after updating AmazGPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis View Post
My battery suddenly went downhill after I updated the AmazGPS program yesterday. Usually my Imagio lasts about two days after a full-charge. Now it will last less than 8 hours even without making any phone calls. Has anyone experienced such dramatic drop of battery performance? I uninstall the AmazGPS program but it does not seem to help at all.

I would really appreciate any help that I can get here. This is so annoying!
Since AmazeGPS retrieves data from web for maps, have you checked your web connection to make sure if for some reason if the application after being closed is still accessing web which could cause a possible battery drain.

Try attached cab... It will automatically disconnect data connection after 2 minutes of idle data.. This is the first thing I can think that could have changed since AmazeGPS update.

Last edited by Wildman; 04-09-2010 at 03:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:17 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

chrysalis is a n00b

I think you are absolutely right. I was looking through tweaks on this website last night and found the same cab that you mentioned. I install it and it's stopped the battery drain. More interestingly, I uninstalled the cab for other reasons and found that my battery life was back to what it was before, and I did not re-install the cab since.

The update of AmazeGPS must have change my data connection setting, hence draining the battery. Your cab helps stop it, and uninstall the cab might just get the data connection setting back to what it was before the AmazeGPS changes.

Thanks a for your helpful tip!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
I think you are absolutely right. I was looking through tweaks on this website last night and found the same cab that you mentioned. I install it and it's stopped the battery drain. More interestingly, I uninstalled the cab for other reasons and found that my battery life was back to what it was before, and I did not re-install the cab since.

The update of AmazeGPS must have change my data connection setting, hence draining the battery. Your cab helps stop it, and uninstall the cab might just get the data connection setting back to what it was before the AmazeGPS changes.

Thanks a for your helpful tip!
The cab makes a registry change and uninstalling it wont remove change unless its wrote into cab, I only placed the install instruction in cab so when you uninstalled it basically just removed installation history but not the fix that cab did... Glad it helped...

Last edited by Wildman; 04-09-2010 at 03:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

chrysalis is a n00b

Really? Uninstalling won't change the registry? But it seems that my data connection won't get turned off after idling for 3 mins now. In any event, my battery drain has stopped, which is the most important thing to me. Thanks!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started

HI. If your cab is not working you can use a program called BANDSWITCH, its free and you can automatically turn off idle conections in any time. Im using it with the last Energy Series 23554 and works perfect!!!
Old 04-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandelahoz View Post
HI. If your cab is not working you can use a program called BANDSWITCH, its free and you can automatically turn off idle conections in any time. Im using it with the last Energy Series 23554 and works perfect!!!
Dont believe Bandswitch is a free application. it is a trial and it cost 10 Euros = 13.45500 U.S. dollars, look under about menu and you will see it wont have a serial number. when its a full version it will say registered ... Heres the home page of developer.....http://www.commmgrpro.com/jsp/main_frame.jsf

Last edited by Wildman; 04-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Really? Uninstalling won't change the registry? But it seems that my data connection won't get turned off after idling for 3 mins now. In any event, my battery drain has stopped, which is the most important thing to me. Thanks!
My bad, I checked the application that I created cab with and may have checked the box to backup reg before install and allow uninstall, usually I disabled those... As long as you up and going, hope you restarted after uninstall.

Last edited by Wildman; 04-10-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

chrysalis is a n00b

I did re-start my phone after the uninstall, and like I said, the battery performance was back to what it was before. Thanks for all your answers.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: TIGO Colombia

juandelahoz is just getting started

You are right. My bad, I thought it were free. It works for 15 days only

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio