PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Differences and opinions of the Imagio custom roms?

Hey I am not the heavy flasher that I once was and I want to know the differences between the major roms. I have tried the old versions of NRGZ and Dr LSD but seeing as they are all updated I want to get some opinions. Thanks for the feedback
Old 03-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Differences and opinions of the Imagio custom roms?

NRG was making his roms without a device to test on for the early ones. He's been tweeking and optimizing on a device in his had for a while now and things are running awesome. Try it out, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Differences will be mostly what the chef is putting in the ROM. Usually reading the descriptions carefully enough will tell you. NRG is mostly about eye appeal. MR X's is about simplicity, Fulldeck is about adding mostly HTC proprietary stuff, Project Orange is again built around simplicity so it's really about what you want to have on your phone. It's hard to explain but once you have flashed a few you'll know what you want to have.

One thing to note is that you'll never have 100% of what you really want on there so it's about finding the one that suits you best and then adding whatever you want to it. Alot of posters like the simple ROMs so they can customize on their own. My favorites so far are the NRG and the FullDeck. I find that I have to do the least to them to get what I want out of it.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
Differences will be mostly what the chef is putting in the ROM. Usually reading the descriptions carefully enough will tell you. NRG is mostly about eye appeal. MR X's is about simplicity, Fulldeck is about adding mostly HTC proprietary stuff, Project Orange is again built around simplicity so it's really about what you want to have on your phone. It's hard to explain but once you have flashed a few you'll know what you want to have.

One thing to note is that you'll never have 100% of what you really want on there so it's about finding the one that suits you best and then adding whatever you want to it. Alot of posters like the simple ROMs so they can customize on their own. My favorites so far are the NRG and the FullDeck. I find that I have to do the least to them to get what I want out of it.
couldnt agree more.

been using FullDeck since r01, and on r03 now, its coming along. Still a few little issues, but overall, still better than the stock ROM from Verizon.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work

I've flashed several of the Sense 2.5 ROMs available: 2 versions NRGZ28's ROMs, 2 versions of Drellisdee's ROMs, The ROM by adortab, and the ROM by Patrickjb. I've now gone back to the original Verizon ROM with some added tweaks. I found most of the ROMs OK, but in the end I felt that my phone wasn't quick enough and I had some problems with it locking up. I'm not that concerned with eye candy, I just want the phone to always work. I will probably flash again in the future, as more ROMs become available and the cooks get more experience with this particular phone, I just can't help myself.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

I'm a huge fan of Drellissdee has been doing for the Imagio. I personally prefer a more 'default' or basic ROM and add apps/mods as I see fit. His ROMs continue to improve with each iteration without deviating from that basic premise. I only tried one of the other ROMs (NRG's) and while it wasn't my cup of tea, it did work well.

Yeah, I've become a Drellisdee ROM fanboi. I'll admit it.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Phil Canyon is just getting started

I did a lot of different ROM's on my Vogue and finally settled on a no nonsense bare ROM which is what I believe I have in the Mr. X ROM. I love love love, love the speed. I am not a foo foo kind of guy, I love performance over aesthetics. I cannot say anything about any other ROM but after watching a couple of youtube ROM demonstrations I knew Dr. X was the one for me.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

It seems to me that the best 2 ROMS right now are Energy and Drellissdee. Both of them seem to be fairly stable. However, the Energy ROM seems to be more custom and have more tools where as the Drellissdee ROM seems to be more stock.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
VIP Member

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

MrX Rom and love it. Simplicity and Speed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

Please share any comparison you can make to the latest Drellisdee ROM vs. the 1.4 of adortab's Clean ROM. The previous clean ROM didn't hold data connection very well for me so I added CHT to drellisdee's latest and it seems pretty good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio