PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Have any of your hard keys broken on your Imagio?
No, my phone is fine. 65 45.14%
Yes, forcing me to replace the phone. 53 36.81%
Yes, and my replacement phone broke too. 12 8.33%
Yes, and two replacements have broken, also. 9 6.25%
Yes, and three or more replacements have broken also. 5 3.47%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

yusky03 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: POLL: Button Malfunction- please vote!

I was wondering while I was in Verizon today to get my 4th phone. What happens when the manufactures warranty runs out in a year. Do we just have to deal with not having any buttons for a year till we can get an upgrade?
Old 03-18-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

makryger is becoming a great contributor

I was wondering that very same thing. This is the email I sent to HTC:
I own an HTC Imagio, which has worked well for me for 5 months, until one of the buttons stopped clicking. I got it repaired, as it was within warranty, so the issue is gone for now, but this made me look into this issue more. It turns out that the Imagio has a very big problem with buttons stopping working. In an ongoing poll at PPCGeeks.com, more than half of all phones have already failed. Did you hear that? A failure rate of >50%!!!! That is utterly ridiculous. So my question is this: how are you going to treat your customers once the 1 year warranty is up?

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your Imagio.

I understand how important it is to ensure that your device functions properly. I am glad to hear that your device has been repaired and is working properly. For more information regarding the warranty and any additional warranties since the repair of the device please contact our repair center at 800-229-1235. Their hours of operation are 8am-5pm EST Mon-Fri. Our repair center will be able to give you specific information regarding your warranty.

If you have any other questions feel free to reply. You may also enjoy our You Club located at http://www.htc.com/us/community/. The You Club hosts our customer-based forum, which has a plethora of information on HTC devices. I would also like to invite you to participate in a customer satisfaction survey located at http://survey.htc.com/worldwide/. I hope you have a great day!

HTC Technical Support
Sam
Old 03-18-2010, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks, if someone else does not call them I will tomorrow.

Give it a week / few weeks and I will be the first in the "Yes, and three or more replacements have broken also." group.

Last edited by yusky03; 03-18-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch - Alltel

Firsttimer is just getting started

I have had mine since November 09. The Windows key is not working as well as it first did. It still works but is much harder to push than the other buttons. In other words... its going. I did not take the poll as I feel none of the options really applied to me.

How about an option... Its about to go bad?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimer View Post
I have had mine since November 09. The Windows key is not working as well as it first did. It still works but is much harder to push than the other buttons. In other words... its going. I did not take the poll as I feel none of the options really applied to me.

How about an option... Its about to go bad?
The buttons do not become completely useless. They just no longer click down then pop back up. Once they break you have to press really hard on the button to get it to work and from how you describe your windows key that looks like what has happened to you.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it's up to 47 broken vs 40 not....
I should be able to vote twice though....I had two separate imagios break on me but neither was a replacement

Last edited by wesscoggin; 03-19-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: added w in my "to" to make it "two".....
Old 03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

My power button broke after a few months. I just kept it. Maybe I should get it replaced. But they just give you someone else's old phone. How lame is that? I started looking for every single app to replace buttons.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X

nhlpreds98 is a n00b

I am awaiting my 3rd Imagio. I love the phone, but Verizon is lazy IMO on replacements. Not one store in the entire Middle Tennessee area has a replacement available, WTF? The local store does not even sell the Imagio anymore. I tried Android phones, but dont care for them. So now I have a busted phone from Thursday till Monday and I use it for business. First time was the Start button came off, this time, the entire screen crashed, it comes up, I can see it, but it acts like it is not a touch screen phone, you can bang on it and get nothing. Not happy Micro$haft is trying to kill customization with Mobile 7.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Looks like mine is heading down this route now... the media button, which I mapped to toggle the screen on and off, is starting to take more effort to press. If it gets any worse I think I'll get it replaced, as I already have the hairline crack on the top of my phone.

Honestly though, I think I am just going to complain enough to get it replaced 3 times, and go with a Touch Pro 2. This phone has too many manufacturing defects, and I want something that will last for several years without issues. I am EXTREMELY careful with my phones and something that breaks after a couple of months for no reason is completely unacceptable.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
Looks like mine is heading down this route now... the media button, which I mapped to toggle the screen on and off, is starting to take more effort to press. If it gets any worse I think I'll get it replaced, as I already have the hairline crack on the top of my phone.

Honestly though, I think I am just going to complain enough to get it replaced 3 times, and go with a Touch Pro 2. This phone has too many manufacturing defects, and I want something that will last for several years without issues. I am EXTREMELY careful with my phones and something that breaks after a couple of months for no reason is completely unacceptable.
I read the "get your phone replaced 3 times and get a like phone" does not exist anymore. So you are stuck with your Imagio for 2 years.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio