PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM selection help....

WOW!!!!!!

I didn't realize it moved this fast. I thought it would take months for these to get made. I need you guys help. I'm not a noob but still a amature(kind of).

Which ROM is the best???? what do you do when updates come out? is it like starting from scratch??? It looks like I want the "energy" rom but I pay for the TV and have to have that. So if i flash it now and he comes out with a new ROM that does have the TV capability do I have to start from scratch??? which means, should I wait.....

I guess I'm asking you guys what should a amature like me do. Wait or go for it now....You know this is killing me!!!!!!! I don't want to wait but I don't want to start from scratch every day. Plus the youtube problem is pretty important to me also...Do things like that get fixed quickly or is it a monthly wait type thing????

HELP..............I'm dying here....

P.S. should I unlock now? that doesn't hurt anything, right? (hopefully that is easy). I read about 300 posts last night=D>
Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mikebbass is a n00b
Re: Custom ROM selection help....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
WOW!!!!!!

I didn't realize it moved this fast. I thought it would take months for these to get made. I need you guys help. I'm not a noob but still a amature(kind of).

Which ROM is the best???? what do you do when updates come out? is it like starting from scratch??? It looks like I want the "energy" rom but I pay for the TV and have to have that. So if i flash it now and he comes out with a new ROM that does have the TV capability do I have to start from scratch??? which means, should I wait.....

I guess I'm asking you guys what should a amature like me do. Wait or go for it now....You know this is killing me!!!!!!! I don't want to wait but I don't want to start from scratch every day. Plus the youtube problem is pretty important to me also...Do things like that get fixed quickly or is it a monthly wait type thing????

HELP..............I'm dying here....

P.S. should I unlock now? that doesn't hurt anything, right? (hopefully that is easy). I read about 300 posts last night=D>
I was going to ask a similar question. I didnt expect multiple roms to be out the day the hspl came out this is great, but I am a rookie so I have no idea of what I am doing.

I put on the Energy 23544 rom with manila it has a few minor issues but so far its amazing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

syearout is just getting started

From my experience with the Vogue, and the Diamond. I would go ahead and unlock. Fixes for these ROM's are coming out constatly. Sometimes a problem is fixed the next day, sometimes it a week, sometimes a months. Mostly it seems to depend on how many people the problem effects. The More people effected, the higher the priority for the community to fix it..... thats my 2 cents
Old 03-15-2010, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon wireless

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work

Thanks for asking this wedgemoose as I'm unfamiliar with the whole flashing of roms thing as well..been reading all morning and still trying to figure what to do and which rom is the most stable and best to use at this point...
Old 03-15-2010, 10:43 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

there all stable and fast
its just preference
nrg loaded with goodies and color
mr x basically stock but bleeding fast and mass memory
dress same as stock with 2.5 in it
Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
its just preference

I'm just like you Maxtee. I love everything you do and or post. In the phone world your my idol. What are you using? i saw you on both the other day. I think i want the Energy one but don't like the youtube problem or that there is no TV. I would never pay for TV out of my pocket but I get it for free and that feature is sweet. I watch TV in airports, stores, any boring place. So I want that also.

I like bling. I want 2.5 so bad I can taste it. I didn't use it when you guys figured out how to get it on our phone(too many quirks). I'm a weirdo and only like things if the work PEFECT.

what about when theyy update the ROM. Is it starting out brand new again????/ thats a big concern for me
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon wireless

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work

so mr.x is not loaded w/ 2.5??
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

you tube dont work on both nrg and mr x roms
you can install either and mod it up in the 2.5 section for bling
im on nrg rom right now waiting for mr x to update his
and yes when new updates come out its like starting over again

yes mr x has 2.5
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
its just preference

Max when you say "Same as stock but fast" does taht mean TV and youtube and visual voicemail?????
Old 03-15-2010, 11:58 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!

in dress ? not sure if he fixed the quirk in tv yet ask in that forum
but everything else yes

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio