PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problem with button assignment

I'm using Settings -> Personal -> Buttons to try to assign actions to hardware buttons. The attached screengrab is what I see. Can someone tell me

1) what the heck is that 3rd line with no button listed?
2) when I assign, I get a list of programs and some special actions (from the droplist at the bottom) but is there a way to assign it to a shortcut or a Mortscript of my own? It doesn't appear on the dropdown list.
3) how do I actually get it to map the available hardware buttons, when tapped or held down? For most, I can't seem to tell the utility - when I hit the button (say, the "Today" button) it does what it does (goes to Today screen) as opposed to tell the settings that that's the button I have in mind. On my XV6700 I had an app that let me bind several states of each button. Any ideas?

thanks!

Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen008.jpg (74.6 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: problem with button assignment

My "buttons" section does not look exactly the same as yours. You can try this. I have never used it. So i can't tell you if it is good or bad. But i thought it might come in handy some day. Maybe if you do a search you can find out more about it.
Attached Files
File Type: cab KeySwop.cab (113.9 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by thepolishguy; 02-28-2010 at 07:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
My "buttons" section does not look exactly the same as yours. You can try this. I have never used it. So i can't tell you if it is good or bad. But i thought it might come in handy some day. Maybe if you do a search you can find out more about it.
I just searched for the keyswop cab on-line and as near as I can tell it's for mapping the softbuttons, not the hardware keys.

thanks though!

Mike
Old 02-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I just searched for the keyswop cab on-line and as near as I can tell it's for mapping the softbuttons, not the hardware keys.

thanks though!

Mike
Yeah it is. I couldn't remember until you said. You could try "AEButton Plus". I think it costs $10 though (lame). I have it. It does work- but it does not work excellent. For instrance, I never got the "Long Press" option to work. Plus, I think it only worked good on two of the four hardware buttons for me. You can reassign the volume buttons as well. You get 4 options per button. I think there is a free trial version of you want to try it and see if it works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio