PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

s004kcg is keeping up the good works004kcg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help Modifying Dll's

Hope you geniuses can help, I'm trying to do nothing more than modify a tapres.192.dll file to change an icon, very much like the tapres.192.dll posted by slumpy in the Stickied Tweak thread, so here is my problem:

1. I unsign the file (above mentioned tapres.192.dll), i get a message its successfull (i use UnSigner)

2. I then add the new icons i want using Reshacker, i put the G and 3G icons into the same position as they were in the above mention tapres.192.dll file, i then save it

3. Then i resign the file using Siggner and i also get a text message that it was successful (the file is signed but not timestamped)

4. I replace the file in the windows directory and soft reset but the new icons do not show up??

any one have any advice? Should i be using different signing tools? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded post.

--------------------

Ok, anyone who has spent time reading my rant i apperciate it, i figured out the problem, only too 1 1/2 day for something that should be so easy. I needed good certificates and exported them from IE ,

I would not mind editing some Dll's for anyone that wants some thing changed, ie i changed the 3g and g icons in the tapres.192.dll file and it works fine and looks cool, if you have or know of icons you want swapped i dont mind trying it. Dont think im ready to make new icons from ground up, but certainly can swap some out. reply if you got any ideas, this works nicely for the taskbar icons

Last edited by s004kcg; 02-26-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: found solution
Old 02-26-2010, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Help Modifying Dll's

Well what did you figure out? The last couple of times I have tried to change icons in that dll (tapres) everything is successful until I copy it back to the phone and reset. I get wierd taskbar activity like wifi icon goes ape shit and it will flash from that to the new icon I added then back to wifi then to active sync (not connected). I got real aggrevated and gave up, I still haven't figured out what the hell, I unsigned, replaced icon, resigned, got successful message, still got the finger. I tried it like ten times and quit??????????
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

one thing that helped is setting the date on my pc back 2 yrs, hehe no idea why even though my certificates were not expired it worked , if you want the certificates i have , let me know and ill zip them up for you. ive modifed several different dll's today in order to chance my taskbar, adding 3g icons , changing battery icons, etc. , not sure how to add a phone screen shot to show the changes,
Old 02-27-2010, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

kk couple screen shots of small task bar changes note the 3g and the battery icon added was from a different taskbar:

Last edited by s004kcg; 02-27-2010 at 12:38 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio