PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Cricket

Jgracia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Emergency Download Mode HTC Imagio

There is this guy thats selling the HTC Imagio on Craigslist & he's selling it because it is in emergency download mode. He was trying to unlock or flash the phone & he put the wrong ROM i think. Idk wat ROM is. The night i went to see it, he just had the phone and no battery so i told him to call me when he had the battery. He comes to my house & the phone doesnt want to turn on at all. He claims it used to turn on before but idk if he's lying to me. I just want to know what do i have to do so it can turn on & take it off of emergency download mode. I really want this phone, please help me.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work
Re: Emergency Download Mode HTC Imagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgracia View Post
There is this guy thats selling the HTC Imagio on Craigslist & he's selling it because it is in emergency download mode. He was trying to unlock or flash the phone & he put the wrong ROM i think. Idk wat ROM is. The night i went to see it, he just had the phone and no battery so i told him to call me when he had the battery. He comes to my house & the phone doesnt want to turn on at all. He claims it used to turn on before but idk if he's lying to me. I just want to know what do i have to do so it can turn on & take it off of emergency download mode. I really want this phone, please help me.
He didn't have the battery? This is obviously a scam. Nobody tries to sell a phone and when a potential buyer shows up doesn't even put the battery in?

Check the water damage stickers, and don't touch it unless he can prove that it boots up and there was nothing physical done to it. It might also be stolen, so make sure he has the charger.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jgracia is a n00b

No it wasnt stolen. He was trying to flash it to cricket & i think he tried to do it his self & installed the wrong ROM. So its in emergency download mode but right now it doesnt want to turn on. He just went to Verizon & received another phone but just the phone without the back battery cover, battery & charger. Just the plain phone. He's only selling it to me for $150. I just want to know is there any way i can fix it in sme way?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor

If you're willing to pay $150 for an inoperable phone, stop by my place later so I can sell you some magical beans

I'd stay away from it if I were you. Sounds like it's bricked. Especially if Verizon didn't even want it back.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jgracia is a n00b

Lol. Ok but if its bricked, is there anything i can do to remove it? Idk alot bout phones. All ik is that i really want this Imagio.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
RLM703

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgracia View Post
No it wasnt stolen. He was trying to flash it to cricket & i think he tried to do it his self & installed the wrong ROM. So its in emergency download mode but right now it doesnt want to turn on. He just went to Verizon & received another phone but just the phone without the back battery cover, battery & charger. Just the plain phone. He's only selling it to me for $150. I just want to know is there any way i can fix it in sme way?
Do not buy!

If they gave him a phone that had no battery, cover or charger then you can bet that phone should have been returned to Verizon, unless it was an asurion claim which in his case he would have to report it lost or stolen in order to not return it.

The phone has probably been tagged and will not be able to be attached to any account with Verizon (at least).

If you are really tempted, make sure the phone hasn't been tagged, check the ESN with Verizon and see if it is good or not.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If he was trying to flash it to the wrong rom he probably bricked it. When he took it to VZW to get a new phone how did he get to keep both phones ??
You have to turn the damaged one in to VZW. I never heard of emergency download mode. I see a scam also. I would hate to see you spend $150.00 for a pos.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 02-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jgracia is a n00b

Alright i guess i have to let this phone go. . Thanks everyone! Nice to see people who take time off of their schedule to help others. Thanks alot.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

download mode is BAD!
phone is bricked... nothing you can do.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Jgracia is a n00b

There's nothing to do wen a phone is bricked?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio