PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

bjmjpl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Keyboard Help

Okay so i love this phone - except i am coming from the Qs - latest was the Napoleon and it rocks.

I have been using the fingerkeyboard app and it just isnt something i am getting the hang of. Now i think i shut off the auto help or predictive text or whatever before i installed that bc it was literally changing words that were actually words i wanted to other words and i would have to stop typing and press the word that was first in the list to continuing typing the word i want.

its becoming a deal breaker for me - which is a shame bc the nap keyboard isnt perfect but i find myself not wanting to type emails on this phone at all bc im terrible at it.

i have read many posts where after 2 weeks people are saying they are as good as they were with hard kbs...

is there anything else i could be doing to give myself the best shot - dictionaries or predictive text hellp or hints - looking for anything to save my imagio

thx all!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio and ipaq
Carrier: vzw

rjcorazza is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) 480x800; XV6975; Window Mobile 6.5 Professional

Try SWYPE keyboard. Best software I have added to my Imago!

Last edited by rjcorazza; 02-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Keyboard Help

Everyone loves "Swype It". Google it and check it out on u tube. pretty cool. Personally, i love a keyboard called TouchPal by CooTek. But it costs $$. Plus it does that "predictive text" thing you were talking about- so sounds like you wouldn't really like it. But I actually like it more than Swype. I will definately agree with you on this- the stock keyboard is lame! I couldn't do jack with that thing.

Oh yeah- I think TouchPal has a free trial. So you can take it for a test run. If you hate it- don't buy it.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 AM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmjpl View Post
Okay so i love this phone - except i am coming from the Qs - latest was the Napoleon and it rocks.

I have been using the fingerkeyboard app and it just isnt something i am getting the hang of. Now i think i shut off the auto help or predictive text or whatever before i installed that bc it was literally changing words that were actually words i wanted to other words and i would have to stop typing and press the word that was first in the list to continuing typing the word i want.

its becoming a deal breaker for me - which is a shame bc the nap keyboard isnt perfect but i find myself not wanting to type emails on this phone at all bc im terrible at it.

i have read many posts where after 2 weeks people are saying they are as good as they were with hard kbs...

is there anything else i could be doing to give myself the best shot - dictionaries or predictive text hellp or hints - looking for anything to save my imagio

thx all!
You could have posted in the Finger Keyboard thread and have gotten more help with this issue. Did you loose your pre-text suggestions? Not quite sure what problems you are having?

Last edited by Reef48; 02-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bjmjpl is a n00b

yeah i guess i lost the them but i dont want to stop my flow of typing to pick and choose words - i could fly on a bb or a q - fkb just isnt cutting it unless they have some unobtrusive fixer of common mistakes i am unaware of....ive been playing with the swype - thx for the suggestion...i notice if i calm down and go a little slow and press hard it is not too bad. wish they had the simple period capitalize next letter for sentences that began in 1999 but alas almost no one does!

everybody seems to love the fkbrd thats why i think i may just be using it wrong...
Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Quote:
yeah i guess i lost the them but i dont want to stop my flow of typing to pick and choose words - i could fly on a bb or a q - fkb just isnt cutting it unless they have some unobtrusive fixer of common mistakes i am unaware of....ive been playing with the swype - thx for the suggestion...i notice if i calm down and go a little slow and press hard it is not too bad. wish they had the simple period capitalize next letter for sentences that began in 1999 but alas almost no one does!

everybody seems to love the fkbrd thats why i think i may just be using it wrong...
Did you check the settings in Fingkeyboard config. Are you running the new Sense 2.5 and if so that is why you lost your pred- text.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bjmjpl is a n00b

does pred-text actgually fix mistakes on the fly or force me to stop the flow of typing to choose words?
Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
...ive been playing with the swype - thx for the suggestion...i notice if i calm down and go a little slow and press hard it is not too bad... ...everybody seems to love the fkbrd thats why i think i may just be using it wrong...
1. Just wondering- are you "swyping" on swype? or are you typing?

2. I did not love finger keyboard at all. No offense to everyone that does. I love TouchPal 4.0 and a lot of people think it is crap. So i guess it comes down to some personal preference.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bjmjpl is a n00b

no im swiping - dont know if i love it - what makes touchpal better - are you anywhere near as productive as a hard kb?

thx!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
no im swiping - dont know if i love it - what makes touchpal better - are you anywhere near as productive as a hard kb?

thx!
First off I want to make sure you know I am seriously not a TouchPal representative. I can type faster on TouchPal then on a physical keyboard. bc of a couple of reasons...

1. I only have to input a few letters. It predicts the word. Tap the word and it inputs it. But I think you said something about not really liking that?

2. They have a qwerty keyboard layout that is 2 letters per key instead of one. So the larger keys makes for fewer mistyped words (it auto-selects the proper letter).

But TouchPal can be a pain too. Obviously the dictionary does not know all the words you want to input so you come up with crazy words. And sometimes you will start spelling one word but it is predicting another word- but it shows you the predicted letters and I forget which letter I am supposed to be inputting so I have to erase everything and start over on that word.

So- +'s & -'s. But 1000x better than the native keyboard (imo).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio