PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Power shortcut

Could someone please give me instructions on how to make a shortcut in the Start menu for the Power section under Settings?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Power shortcut

Quote:
Originally Posted by willywonkaisrsh View Post
Could someone please give me instructions on how to make a shortcut in the Start menu for the Power section under Settings?
Ok- I just did this so you should be able to duplicate it. Even thought the link (or shortcut) is labeled "Battery_Settings"- it takes you to the Power page with all the tabs I believe that you are looking for.

1. From your PC download this- all it is is a shortcut to the Power section you requested.

2. Right click on the .zip file and choose "extract all".

3. Using Active Sync (or Windows Mobile Device Center) connect your phone to your PC. Copy this shortcut from your PC and paste it in your "My Documents" folder.

4. Now it get's a little tricky- but it is not really a big deal. On your phone, go to "File Explorer". Open it (depending where you were last you may have to navigate around). Open "My Documents". Scroll down to "Battery_Settings". Push down on "Battery_Settings until the menu opens.

5. Press "Cut". Now on the bottom left of the screen press "Up". Now press the "Windows" folder to open it. Now press "Start Menu" to open it. Now press "Programs" to open it. Now on the bottom right of your screen press "Menu". At the bottom of the menu press "Edit". Then press "Paste".

6. Close your file explorer. Press "Start". Battery_Settings should now be in your start menu.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Battery_Settings.zip (165 Bytes, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by thepolishguy; 02-15-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: type-o
Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
An easy way of doing this is to go to the Power Icon under settings, press and hold on the icon. You will get a pop up that says "move to top" select this and it will copy it to the main start menu.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1

Ride33 is just getting started

jmart that worked great.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I guess when I said start menu, i meant the HTC start menu. Anyway to get a shortcut there?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
I guess when I said start menu, i meant the HTC start menu. Anyway to get a shortcut there?
Well, once you add this shortcut to the regular Windows Start Menu, then the shortcut also appears in the "All Applications" list in TouchFlo3D. So maybe I am not understanding your question?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
Well, once you add this shortcut to the regular Windows Start Menu, then the shortcut also appears in the "All Applications" list in TouchFlo3D. So maybe I am not understanding your question?
Well, when I tried the "move to top" thing, the shortcut only appears in the start menu with touchflo disabled. When touchflo is enabled it does not appear in the "All Application" menu.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Well, when I tried the "move to top" thing, the shortcut only appears in the start menu with touchflo disabled. When touchflo is enabled it does not appear in the "All Application" menu.
Well, I just did it. But I didn't use the "move to top" method. I used the Maison Pulaski method. And it did work in TouchFLo3D, because i tested it to make sure. So you can try the way I posted if you want. If you don't want to- that is fine also. I can't elaborate on the other method. Does sound a lot easier than mine. Maybe he can help you more.

Last edited by thepolishguy; 02-16-2010 at 07:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio