PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

atticusrebel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Window Mobile 7 for Imagio?

i know on the 15th they're going to be showing the Windows Mobile 7. does anyone know if there is going to be a upgrade for the Imagio.?
Old 02-08-2010, 09:17 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Window Mobile 7 for Imagio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusrebel View Post
i know on the 15th they're going to be showing the Windows Mobile 7. does anyone know if there is going to be a upgrade for the Imagio.?
As far as anyone knows right now the HD2 (Leo) is the only device on the market right now with the hardware to support WP7

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

based off of what the front page said about windows mobile 7, I don't know if I would want to upgrade. Plus they have already discussed this in another thread about windows mobile 6.5.3 that this phone most likely will NOT have the ability to run windows mobile 7 due to it having more powerful requirements to run and is built for a totally different set of system requirements.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Yeah- there is no way we are getting Win7. They haven't even given us 6.5.x.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

I have read some really terrible things about winmo 7. from what i understand your best bet would be to hold out for a "windows phone" os which is suppose to be in the works.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

"windoz phone" OS=WinMo 7...
Old 02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

No flash support out of the box is the worst I have read, there will be a port that is altered to work on resistive screens aka the imagio and the tp2, who knows how great it will really be, I doubt highly it will be a shipped rom, I'm sure htc will want to sell us new device. Hey haven't you heard snapdragon is old news now. As nokia and acer are messing around with twice that horsepower now. Maybe you guys don't understand, microsoft has to deliver with winmo 7 as this may be there last chance to salvage the giant avalanche that is their mobile marketshare. Or they will just have to hop on board with iphone or google. Which I know they won't want to do considering moblie devices are slowly replacing the need for laptops. And laptops have all but replaced desktops. Bottom line everything in windows 7 will not work right away. But you can better your geeky asses that they will be supporting the hell out of it to make it the best it can be.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible

brandonpa is a n00b

I can see why they are releasing an android/iphone type of operating system is to try to appeal to non-business users. Forever now msoft has only appealed to business users and they did a great job at that. But now they are trying to get into the mass market because of fordnfishin's great example of mobile devices becoming the new notebooks that people carry around. Although i can somewhat agree on what msoft is doing doesn't mean I like it. I think that they are going towards the iphone/android business practices too much from what the consumer is used to with windows mobile of downloading a program that isn't from msoft and install it. but who knows i am just a regular user and not seeing the whole picture. I certainly hope that they can find a common ground to the (potentially) new as well as old users of windows mobile. The biggest reason why I am not going to windows mobile 7 (besides having to purchase a new phone) is the lack of any support for older programs. I spent quite a lot of money over the years on the programs that I use all of the time and don't plan on spending that much plus for those programs again (assuming that they come out for windows 7).

Last edited by brandonpa; 02-09-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No. Never ever. No.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

I wouldn't get too worked up over WP7 until we see more from the announcement. I'm betting they have 2 flavors that will be compatible but function a bit differently. One will be the recently rumored build that is very iPhone like with no multitasking and very simplified Zune UI and such for the not so power users. Then another "business" oriented version that is more like the current functionality with a more friendly UI and all the bells and whistles. I could be totally wrong however. We'll see hopefully in less than a week.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio