PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.
Carrier: Verizon

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Going the way of the droid

OK, VZ did it... they announced the release of the HTC Incrediible and I'm afraid that I'll be on the pre-order the day it is available. I love my Imagio, but the snapdragon processor (not crippled as rumor had it) with a half gig of ram along with all of the awesome Driod Apps are tugging on my heart strings and for $200 I can take the hit. I might even be able to sell my Imagio for that much and break even!

In the mean time, much thanks to all of the fine people here who have helped me with my Touch Pro , TP II and Imagio!

Viva la PPCGeeks!

HTC Imagio on Verizon Wireless
Tampa, FL
Old 04-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

when is coming out? r u sure is only 200?
Old 04-16-2010, 01:01 PM
jeff327

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Going the way of the droid

I will be joining you....The preorder starts on Monday. It is $199 after a $100 rebate on a 2 year contract. But for that price you need to be due for an upgrade or a new Verizon customer. Otherwise is is $599.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio -- and LOVING IT.
Threadstarter

Mahalo is becoming a great contributor

Pre-Order begins on the 19 April and they go on sale on the 29th.

This site echos what I have been seeing in various forums around the net regarding pricing. I'll hold on to my Imagio for the month to see if it is worth the switch up and then sell it off if I decide to make the change.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

Men, I'm with ya!!!!!!! I love the imagio but i think that thing will be much better. Have my calender set for the 19th. And yes it's $199.00 after $100.00 rebate. (so $300 up front)....

It doesn't look like there will be a 100% ROM for the Imagio anytime soon so I think it's time to try out DROID.........(Dual Flash, Compass and a few other things the Imagio was missing). I just hope we like DROID.

thanks everyone you guys were the best!!!!!

I get e-mails from Verizon and here is what I got.

It’s A DROID, It’s Incredible, It’s On The Nation’s Largest And Most Reliable 3G Network
DROID Incredible(TM) by HTC Combines Power of Android(TM), Usability of HTC Sense(TM), Exclusively from Verizon Wireless 04/15/2010
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and NEW YORK, NY -- Verizon Wireless today announced DROID Incredible by HTC, the newest Android device on the nation’s most reliable wireless 3G network, will be available beginning April 29.
Featuring a "topographic" design that demonstrates the powerful engineering just beneath the surface, DROID Incredible by HTC is designed with craftsmanship and precision while making it easier than ever to stay connected.
DROID Incredible by HTC features the newest version of the HTC Sense experience, a seven-panel home screen with a wide selection of interactive widgets so the most important content is immediately available at a touch. Customers will enjoy seamless integration with Exchange ActiveSync®, quick and easy access to Flickr for sharing and viewing pictures, video, and Android Market™ with more than 30,000 Google applications. DROID Incredible by HTC is the first Verizon Wireless phone that takes advantage of Qualcomm’s 1GHz superfast Snapdragon processor, and it’s the first available phone from Verizon Wireless to include an 8 megapixel camera.
Shortly after the phone becomes available, customers will be able to enjoy two of the latest exclusive apps from Verizon Wireless NFL Mobile and Skype mobile™.
Additional Key features:
- Android 2.1 with HTC Sense experience
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor for maximum responsiveness
- Friend Stream for unified Flickr, Facebook and Twitter updates
- "Leap" view for quick access to all seven home screen panels
- 8 megapixel camera with dual LED flash for crisp, detailed images
- Razor-sharp 3.7 inch WVGA (480x800) AMOLED capacitive touch display
- Optical joystick for smooth navigation
- Dedicated, touch-sensitive Home, Menu, Back and Search keys
- Proximity sensor, light sensor and digital compass
- Integrated GPS
- Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.5 mm headset jack
Price and availability:
- DROID Incredible will be available for pre-order online at
www.verizonwireless.com beginning on April 19 and it will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on April 29. Pricing will be $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- DROID Incredible customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to
www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of DROID Incredible by HTC in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at
www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit
www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About HTC
HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC creates innovative smartphones that better serve the lives and needs of individuals. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit
www.htc.com.
####
Brenda Raney
Brenda.Raney@VerizonWireless.com
908-559-7518
HTC Public Relations
htcpr@wagged.com
425-638-7000
Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

sranger331 is a n00b

My new every two is up the 24th. I was pretty set on the Imagio, figured vzw would sit on their thumbs a couple of months, and by then I would be so used to the Imagio and wouldn't care. But now I don't know what to do.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sranger331 View Post
My new every two is up the 24th. I was pretty set on the Imagio, figured vzw would sit on their thumbs a couple of months, and by then I would be so used to the Imagio and wouldn't care. But now I don't know what to do.
If you like soft-resets get a windows base phone. I have the Imagio and I am seriously considering the Incredible or Nexus One.

Honestly -there are things about Windows phones that I totally love. They are completely customizable. There are so many different options -that is the cool part. Maybe if we all had processors like the HD2 the experience on WinMo would be different.

Just my .02 and I am basically a noob so I wouldn't take my word for it.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work

not getting too hyped about the incredible because im not on Verizon but when the Evo comes out then it will probably be the end of this marriage. I would stay with this phone if wp7 was customizable and if I knew for a fact it could be put on the older windows phones
Old 04-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant galaxy s
Carrier: T-Mobile

argentinito is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

man i make my upgrade to get the imagio n i dont have all the money to get that phone
Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

sranger331 is a n00b

This tethering and wifi router stuff allows you to use the data service of the device(preferably for free) for a desktop or laptop, right? Is that something only on the Imagio? WinMo? Or do androids have that to?
I live in the country so my phone is my only data. I could get dial up(slow) or satellite(expensive), but since I get pretty good 3g coverage and am paying for data anyhow so I would like to just use that.
If I can't do it with android I would still get the Imagio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio