PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5

You have to be real careful with what you load with 2.5. One incompatible cab and you're hard reseting. I installed the wm messaging cab windows gave me an error that it could not boot, then of course HARD RESET.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible

coolingoutofhabit is becoming a great contributor

I have had 2.5 running for 24 hours without a reset. For me, everything is running very stable. The only problem I have is the Weather Location. While editing Contact information, 2.5 seems to run pretty slowly though.

What I like the least about 2.5 is the People tab. I think I prefer the old one better. And I don't like HTC's Text Messaging app at all. But that isn't unique to 2.5...I don't like that the first letter of each sentence doesn't capitalize. I also don't like that pretty much every shortcut button in the HTC interface leads you back to WM's Text Messaging app...just makes me want to use that then.

Just so you know what is working for me, this is what I installed prior to the 2.5 cab. Also, before installing the 2.5 cab, I disabled TouchFlo AND did a soft reset after.
-Everything in the first post was followed to the "T" except I did not install anything to do with the weather
-Installed At0mAng Enhanced D3D Driver
-Installed codyppc performance booster
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnfishin View Post
You have to be real careful with what you load with 2.5. One incompatible cab and you're hard reseting. I installed the wm messaging cab windows gave me an error that it could not boot, then of course HARD RESET.
if you get a error saying it cant boot just hit the end button and it will still load
Old 02-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

cmrowejr is a n00b

I can get 2.5 loaded, and it looks awesome, but it freezes so i cannot install the rest of the cab's. Anybody running into this problem?
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b

as far as youtube, seems to be running smooth as before so far...no problems yet..."yet"...lol
Old 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do all the performance tweaks still work after you install manila 2.5. Basically, what is listed in the stickyied Tweaks/Cabs/Enhancements thread.

Also on the stickyied Tweaks/Cabs/Enhancements thread, what about the tweaks that specifically effect manila. Didnt know since we installed a cab form of manila 2.5 would any of the tweaks on the above thread associated with manila work.

Last edited by slumpey326; 02-01-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:11 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

most do but none of the sliders clocks tabs ect ect ect you need to look in the tp2 section for 2.5
Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM
N00b

calebt is a n00b

How long should it take to run 2.5 cab from start to finish.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it took like 40 mins to install.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
N00b

calebt is a n00b