PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Facebook Events and Updates tab causes TF3D crash

Hey all-

Topic says pretty much all of it. Here's the situation: When I select all contacts in TF3D, and slide on over to the FB updates&events tab, everything freezes, the phone dialer pops up, and when I close that, there is a message indicating the TF3D is launching (IE it restarts). Here's what's funny: The pictures of contacts already linked still update. Nevertheless, what's the point of having it if it doesn't work, right? This issue did not arise due to any changes or additions. It simply stopped working one day. No themes, programs etc have changed.

Here's the rub: I'm a mac user so I have no way to do a hard-reset without losing everything. If there's no way to fix it w/o doing this, I'll just take it back to vzw. That being said, I have made a number of changes to the phone so having to re-install and set up everything is not too appealing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I have to take a trip to the VZW store. Ugh.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor
Re: Facebook Events and Updates tab causes TF3D crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbenl View Post
Hey all-

Here's the rub: I'm a mac user so I have no way to do a hard-reset without losing everything. If there's no way to fix it w/o doing this, I'll just take it back to vzw. That being said, I have made a number of changes to the phone so having to re-install and set up everything is not too appealing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I have to take a trip to the VZW store. Ugh.
Go buy, or get the free trial of SPB Backup on microsoft marketplace and install it to your SD card. (The trial will work I think like 5 times) Do a full backup. You can then do a hard re-set then do a full restore from the back up file on the SD card. It works great, it's fast and it's reliable. I've done it a lot of times and it restores the phone perfectly.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache>>>>Raphael/Touch Pro CDMA>>>>IMAGIO>>>Droid
Carrier: metroPCS

Wtanis is keeping up the good workWtanis is keeping up the good work

You can still hard reset depending on what you care about losing....there is a program called pim backup for all contacts messages calender appointments etc and it saves on to your memory card
Old 01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update:

I lied when I said I had not made any changes...sorta. The other day, I accidentally erased my C07 Transparent Slider program. Simple enough...google'd it and found this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87540
Assuming it was the same program, I installed it and facebook stopped working. When I uninstall it, facebook functionality returns to normal. So, I guess the question then becomes how can I get that slider file that didn't mess it up? Anyone else using the same slider?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

*BUMP* Any other ideas that do not involve a hard-reset? I replaced the C07 with another transparent slide I found on a website containing a multitude of TP2 sliders etc. The cab is called "Brent G Transparent TF3D Slider," but unfortunately, I cant recall the exact website URL. In any case, this seems to interfere less with the facebook tab, than the C07 version. What that means is that I can sporadically access the update and events tab, but spending too much time browsing leads to a TF3D crash. Also, I realized that I am no longer able to link FB profiles with contacts. Lastly, and this is new, when I get an email or text, the little blue number is fine until I put the slider over it when it then appears double. See the attached image.

If I don't get any other ideas, I guess I will have to do a hard-reset, but due to the fact that I JUST got my phone the way I like it, and the round-about way in which I will have to backup everything, a hard-reset is just not appealing...obviously.

Last edited by gilbenl; 01-31-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Final Bump before I give up at just hard-reset the thing (or at least try and do it from my mac). In any case, I canned the transparent slider I had, removed all slider mods, and the problem still remains, thus making me believe that this is gonna be a hard-reset whether I like it or not. At this point, I'm just looking to see if I am the only person having this issue, and if not, has anyone else had success in remediating it?
Old 02-13-2010, 02:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPRINT

baudac is just getting started

You are not the only one. I have the same problem with my TFL3D. The events and updates were working fine the other day and now it keeps crashing TFL3D and relaunching it. Please let me know if you find a resolution to this.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I will be flashing the new rom onto my replacement phone today. That should fix it. Which rom are you using, baudc?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Okay, so I found a fix for this problem. If you update to the new ROM using sprite backup, and choose a level 1 (complete programs, data, and settings) the problem will persist. The issue is coming from one or more of the three facebook files in the system settings. Basically, when you restore using sprite and you are prompted to select which files to restore, go to settings and find the three files with facebook in their names. They will have notepad icons next to them, and they're all together. You can't miss them. Deselect those, and restore. Everything should be kosher. I will try to find the files in the system hierarchy and post them so that you can replace them w/o a restore...if I can find them...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio