PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

skitty4gzus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how to Today your phone correctly?

before i hard reset my phone i was able to Today my phone and set a theme as a background, rock and republic, if that matters. Now everytime i go into Today my phone, select the theme, tell it to use the picture as background, then go into the items tab to select what to put on the today screen, it wont store my selections and change the today screen. Plus, everytime i shut the phone off and back on, it wipes all the choices i clicked and reverts it back to default. It wont change it at all, at anytime, not even for a few minutes? very strange, does anybody have any insight on this?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Incredible

yatman60 is becoming a great contributor
Re: how to Today your phone correctly?

Need more information as to the steps you took and what you're trying to do. It's not clear from the way you described the problem above. Hard resetting the phone takes it back to the factory settings so setting a Today screen theme should be easy as all.

Are you installing something or have you installed something on the phone before trying to change this theme? These are all questions you need to provide details before you can get some help.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitty4gzus View Post
before i hard reset my phone i was able to Today my phone and set a theme as a background, rock and republic, if that matters. Now everytime i go into Today my phone, select the theme, tell it to use the picture as background, then go into the items tab to select what to put on the today screen, it wont store my selections and change the today screen. Plus, everytime i shut the phone off and back on, it wipes all the choices i clicked and reverts it back to default. It wont change it at all, at anytime, not even for a few minutes? very strange, does anybody have any insight on this?
just out of curiosity- what items are you checking off? Bc you know that some of the items are incompatible right? I mean- if you are using Touch Flo3D in the Today items, then you can't use any of the other today items. So if you are- uncheck TF3D. Also- the same is true for Windows default- you cannot use windows default in conjunction with the other Today items or TF3D. So, like hte previous person mentined- maybe you can give us a few more details?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:35 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

skitty4gzus is a n00b

well i just went back and tried, made sure i unchecked tf3d and all thats checked is messaging and date. I have installed a few cabs
sdkcerts
tsowens taskbar
KD mod to taskbar
color cdma fix
customize tabs
manilla start menu unlocker
pegasus clean slate
show hidden phone settings
sndtabs
trans clock, trans clock background
-a few performance cabs
Old 01-28-2010, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

well- what happened when you turned off the phone and turned it back on?
Old 01-31-2010, 02:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

skitty4gzus is a n00b

it wipes out all the check marks i marked and puts the mark back to the VZW theme
Old 01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitty4gzus View Post
it wipes out all the check marks i marked and puts the mark back to the VZW theme
first you can try this- and it will be a long process. uninstall every extra app and program you added. Uninstall one. turn off the phone and turn it back on again. "Today" your phone. Turn it off and turn it back on again. See if the changes stick. If not, uninstall another app and keep doing so until you find the app that is causing the problem...

Or do a hard reset. "Today" your phone before you add any extra applications or 3rd party software. see if it works. If it does- then one of your applications is causing the problem. If it does not then sounds like you need to return the phone. If it does "Today" correctly after a hard reset, then add one app at a time- powering down and powering up each time to check and see if an installed app is affecting your phone.

Sorry- but that is the only solution i can think of? Have you asked over at...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=456

there are some very knowledgeable people there as well and i think they get a little more traffic than here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio