PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
verizon iphone tomorow?

check this out http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...217_788391.htm

Last edited by maxtcee; 01-26-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor
Re: verizon iphone tomorow?

First off, man, I'd be pissed...got almost 18 mths left on the imagio before I can upgrade. That being said, it would be a disaster for ATT to give up the iphone. After helping my girlfriend (ATT customer/iphone hater) pick a phone, I realized that ATT's smart phone selection is simply awful. When they say "we have america's best smartphones" they are clearly referring to the iphone and the iphone alone. With that in mind, I'd be willing to bet that ATT will ante up whatever it takes to keep the iphone's balls firmly within their grasp. Not only that, but with the verizon Nexus One coming in the next 90 days, having both the nexus and iphone with the same carrier seems counter-intuitive. I think VZW is betting for the future, with the hope that the future will be dominated by 'droid-based phones.

Just my $0.02
Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

not sure if att has a say in it there service sucks and to many complaints apple isnt going to invest anymore money into them
just think of how fast iphone will be on a 4 g network like big red
Old 01-26-2010, 08:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

ATT will be losing iPhone exclusivity by Summer 2010 by all reports including ATT (they purchased exclusivity from launch thru summer 2009 then extended it a year by most reports).

Apple screwed up extending another year... opening a door for Droid and getting nothing but bad press for ATT/network issues. They undervalued themselves like the young playing signing a bad contract for easy money.

iPhone could (and probably will) lose exclusivity ASAP but remain off Verizon indefinitely. There are too many variables, one of the most importance is what Verizon agrees per phone to pay Apple. Droid (and WM7 this xmas) showed the world iPhone is a LOT overhyped and other phones sell too. iTunes/phone market competes with Verizon's marketplace, vcast, etc.

Apple can soon sell the current iPhone "unlocked" to work on any GSM networks in the USA. That would also fend off google... a necessary plan imho as iPhone has major competition with Android and WM7 (nevermind Blackberry).

There is one wild card... the iTablet due tomrrow. IF that requires (or supports) 3G then at ~$1k that device would be nuts to lock out Verizon users (home & corporate). $299 dell Mini's support GSM or CDMA add-in chips so you'd have to think apple planned the table for worldwide (quad band) 3G. A Verizon iTablet would obviously break open the door for cross-promotions with a new summer 2010 iPhone with CDMA support for Verizon (and thus Sprint).

Last edited by gcianc; 01-27-2010 at 12:05 PM. Reason: edited years - note to self it's 2010 now not 2009 anymore LOL
Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
ATT will be losing iPhone exclusivity by Summer 2009 by all reports including ATT (they purchased exclusivity from launch thru summer 2008 then extended it a year)...
I think you are off by a year... lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

*drool* the iphone is so cool.
yeah right, not on my life.
apple should be happy they have att, they should be happy if they could even get tmo.
its windows phone and droid all the way.
sure its my opinion but its also just the truth.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

it would be big money for VZW if they got it.. but i doubt it would be coming soo soon after they got the droid, since it would compete. Perhaps down the line they will team up.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdarling is just getting started

The Imagio is nice as well, and I can do things, like use Slingplayer over 3G, that Apple and ATT don't allow on the iPhone. (Wonder if Verizon would block that as well, due to traffic?) (PS. there's a WM version of Slingplayer that looks like the iPhone version. Get it!)

I have an iPod touch, and it's fun. Safari is a great mobile browser. And some of my grown kids have iPhones.

But the current iPhone OS can get annoying, especially its lack of multitasking. If you do a restaurant search and then get taken to the browser to see a dinner menu, the original search app is closed. You can't just click a Back button to go see the search list again... you have to restart the search app. Real pain.

At the least, I'm hoping Apple will add multitasking and homescreen customization to the iPhone, otherwise it's not as appealing as it could be.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I hope that Verizon does not get the iPhone. we switched from AT&T to Verizon when the iPhone went sub-$100 because everyone bought one, and it killed the AT&T network. I am worried that it will have the same effect on the Verizon network.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

blue_94_trooper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
I hope that Verizon does not get the iPhone. we switched from AT&T to Verizon when the iPhone went sub-$100 because everyone bought one, and it killed the AT&T network. I am worried that it will have the same effect on the Verizon network.
You can count on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio