PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No Carrier Text, No Top Curtain, No Carrier Logo

Thanks to BignaDad for figuring this out on Manila 2.5 and leading the way. The only problem is the file that is modified is one that gets modified alot with different mods floating around. So the best way to do this is to point you to the tutorial here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...82&postcount=2

The difference with 2.1 manila is that we have to modify the file named 1c684cd8_manila

You need to still have the blank logo cab installed for all of it to be blank, attached at the bottom of this post unless you change the coordinates of the carrier logo to something outside the viewable area.

Lastly, if you just cant figure it out post your 1c684cb8_manila file on this thread and I will do as many as possible.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Blank Carrier Logo.cab (590 Bytes, 84 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Viettel

xmanonline is a n00b
Re: No Carrier Text, No Top Curtain, No Carrier Logo

Thanks you very much !
Old 01-24-2010, 10:54 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

nice find man that mode 9 can be used for so many things
Old 01-24-2010, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Based on this information here's what I have done.Since I don't have the text showing on my device I pulled that file off and stuck it in the cab with the no logo. I tried it on mine, but I already didn't have the text so I saw no change. Try it and see if it works for you. I did look at the file with mode9 editor and for carrier name it was blank. So apparently something I loaded a while back had already blanked out the carrier name.

Thanks Keith!
Attached Files
File Type: cab No Carrier Logo or Text.cab (86.6 KB, 26 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by TCruz; 01-24-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTCruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Keith or anyone. Can someone send me the original unaltered file? I want to compare it to mine to see what all is different. Don't really want to do a hard reset just to get the original file.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz View Post
Keith or anyone. Can someone send me the original unaltered file? I want to compare it to mine to see what all is different. Don't really want to do a hard reset just to get the original file.
Just delete it in the windows directory, you will get the rom file back, you can't delete the rom file.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It wont let me. Tried file explorer, total commander, with TF3D running and without TF3D running. Oh Well!
Old 01-24-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCruz View Post
It wont let me. Tried file explorer, total commander, with TF3D running and without TF3D running. Oh Well!
When you try to delete does it tell you it is a rom file, are you deleting 1c684cd6.

The original is attached at the bottom.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1c684cd8_manila.zip (5.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by keithdupont; 01-24-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

It just sits there a while and then says 1 file could not be deleted. That's it.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I see some have downloaded this cab. Did it work? Comparing the original to the one I have; i don't see a difference. I still don't understand how I removed my text in the first place!

Let me know so I can remove this if it doesn't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio