PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint hTC EVO 4G
Carrier: cricKet

tonytec is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tonytec
Red face "hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial"

***WARNING INCOMPLETE***

First off credit is due to those that wrote these programs & "whitey10tc" for writing the "Tutorial for the hTC Touch Pro".

Install the following before anything else "NETCFv3.5WM.ARMV4I,cab" (thanks edru).

#1. Download MSL Grabber to get the msl/spc code found here "MSL Grabber" or Download "GetSPC" & install via Activesync v4.5, or "Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista users", or via the SD card and run on ppc/"Imagio". "I used GetSPC".

#2 Go to the following URL's & download...
QPST + windows hTC driver & Activesync4.5 or "Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista users".
Install QPST on computer,
Install hTC drivers on computer,
Install Activesync 4.5 on computer, or Windows Mobile Device Center.
Put phone into DIAG ##3424 or (snd) mode & connect to computer. computer should connect and find new device.
You should see a windows displaying something as follows
=========
DMR v2.49
=========
Item Data
----------------------------------
Port DMR1: DAG1:
Handle EA11A262 692B91FA
Tx 0 0
Rx 0 0
----------------------------------

Run "QPST Configururation" & add new port untill you find your phone.
Now in QPST run from the top tab/menu start clients "Service programing".
Select phone

Screenshot1

Screenshot2

"I've tried from "SURF/FFA6550-GZRF6500,offline to W5-SURF6250, offline" but no luck. Im stuck after this if anybody can add to this/help out, be my guest, I'm still trying to lean this myself, & will post up asap as when I get anywhere with this..."

P.S I think there should definetly be a tutrial for CDMA phone flashing, With GSM phones all you need is a diffrent SIM card and an unlocked phone, but what if we have a CDMA phone and want to flash it to an other carriers...

If my post helped you please don't forget to click on THANKS, Thank you...

Last edited by tonytec; 01-29-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: cricket

2legit is a n00b
Re: "hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial"

ok now when you say full flash you mean talk text(MMS) and web?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit View Post
You can get a full flash but until the hard SPL is released and some good custom cricket roms are cooked you will need to find and delete the guardian files for WAP/MMS also if your hanging where tonytec is at phone selection you will notice QPST has detected his phone on com5 at this point he just need to highlight it and click ok. He is trying to work offline which is used when working with a file like a QCN.
and once I get another one of these imagios flashed I will write up a good tutorial. I like to get 2 or 3 flashed before I post a tutorial then I know that I'm giving the correct info and then it's not half correct or confusing.
**edit picture removed **
Click the OK button and you should connect!

Last edited by whitey10tc; 02-01-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: cricket

2legit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
You can get a full flash but until the hard SPL is released and some good custom cricket roms are cooked you will need to find and delete the guardian files for WAP/MMS also if your hanging where tonytec is at phone selection you will notice QPST has detected his phone on com5 at this point he just need to highlight it and click ok. He is trying to work offline which is used when working with a file like a QCN.
and once I get another one of these imagios flashed I will write up a good tutorial. I like to get 2 or 3 flashed before I post a tutorial then I know that I'm giving the correct info and then it's not half correct or confusing.
ill be waiting
Old 01-23-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work

you should blur out your esn.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidi3ladz View Post
you should blur out your esn.
can't believe I didn't suggest that.

Vista users should also use this driver also.Vista users will need this driver (Thanks to Sergey123456 from XDA)

Last edited by whitey10tc; 01-28-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2legit View Post
Yes!!! lol
Old 02-01-2010, 12:12 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Unhappy Re: "hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial"

I would like to have my imagio setup so I can switch to any CDMA carrier inthe United States or Canada. and not just cricket...
Although I dont see much input on here from pros, maybe they dont want to share the info, because they make a living out of it, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have started this post in the first place...
I didnt mean any harm, just thought it might help people out...
Old 02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytec View Post
I would like to have my imagio setup so I can switch to any CDMA carrier inthe United States or Canada. and not just cricket...
Although I dont see much input on here from pros, maybe they dont want to share the info, because they make a living out of it, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have started this post in the first place...
I didnt mean any harm, just thought it might help people out...
Tony there are very few cdma carriers that will accept a foreign ESN now as for your post here you have got something good going and I have made some other suggestions along the way. Have you tried the different drivers what have you done to get to this point. Hit me up after 8 pm MST tonight and I'll get into a chat room here and see if I can help you a little more. and you are right others don't like to post solutions because they make money from it, but also they are afraid that it will be resold on ebay. I had someone copy word for word links and all from my Vogue tutorial and sale it on ebay for $30 needless to say that the seller was shut down but it happens.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Almost a VIP

Here is a little picture tutorial I put together for another user on how to connect to QPST.

Things to note are you must know your SPC, you must know your operating system XP, Vista or 7. The drivers for vista and xp can be found in any of my tutorials.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio