PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   "hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107695)

tonytec 01-23-2010 03:53 PM

"hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial"

***WARNING INCOMPLETE***

First off credit is due to those that wrote these programs & "whitey10tc" for writing the "Tutorial for the hTC Touch Pro".

Install the following before anything else "NETCFv3.5WM.ARMV4I,cab" (thanks edru).

#1. Download MSL Grabber to get the msl/spc code found here "MSL Grabber" or Download "GetSPC" & install via Activesync v4.5, or "Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista users", or via the SD card and run on ppc/"Imagio". "I used GetSPC".

#2 Go to the following URL's & download...
QPST + windows hTC driver & Activesync4.5 or "Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista users".
Install QPST on computer,
Install hTC drivers on computer,
Install Activesync 4.5 on computer, or Windows Mobile Device Center.
Put phone into DIAG ##3424 or (snd) mode & connect to computer. computer should connect and find new device.
You should see a windows displaying something as follows
=========
DMR v2.49
=========
Item Data
----------------------------------
Port DMR1: DAG1:
Handle EA11A262 692B91FA
Tx 0 0
Rx 0 0
----------------------------------

Run "QPST Configururation" & add new port untill you find your phone.
Now in QPST run from the top tab/menu start clients "Service programing".
Select phone:error::confused:

Screenshot1
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vsqihx.jpg

Screenshot2

"I've tried from "SURF/FFA6550-GZRF6500,offline to W5-SURF6250, offline" but no luck. Im stuck after this if anybody can add to this/help out, be my guest, I'm still trying to lean this myself, & will post up asap as when I get anywhere with this..."

P.S I think there should definetly be a tutrial for CDMA phone flashing, With GSM phones all you need is a diffrent SIM card and an unlocked phone, but what if we have a CDMA phone and want to flash it to an other carriers...

2legit 01-23-2010 06:07 PM

Re: "hTC Imagio to cricKet FULL flash Tutorial"

ok now when you say full flash you mean talk text(MMS) and web?

whitey10tc 01-23-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2legit (Post 1511659)

You can get a full flash but until the hard SPL is released and some good custom cricket roms are cooked you will need to find and delete the guardian files for WAP/MMS also if your hanging where tonytec is at phone selection you will notice QPST has detected his phone on com5 at this point he just need to highlight it and click ok. He is trying to work offline which is used when working with a file like a QCN.
and once I get another one of these imagios flashed I will write up a good tutorial. I like to get 2 or 3 flashed before I post a tutorial then I know that I'm giving the correct info and then it's not half correct or confusing.
**edit picture removed **
Click the OK button and you should connect!

2legit 01-23-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1511814)
You can get a full flash but until the hard SPL is released and some good custom cricket roms are cooked you will need to find and delete the guardian files for WAP/MMS also if your hanging where tonytec is at phone selection you will notice QPST has detected his phone on com5 at this point he just need to highlight it and click ok. He is trying to work offline which is used when working with a file like a QCN.
and once I get another one of these imagios flashed I will write up a good tutorial. I like to get 2 or 3 flashed before I post a tutorial then I know that I'm giving the correct info and then it's not half correct or confusing.

ill be waiting :thumbleft:

liquidi3ladz 01-23-2010 09:06 PM

you should blur out your esn. :)

whitey10tc 01-23-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidi3ladz (Post 1511959)
you should blur out your esn. :)

:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3: can't believe I didn't suggest that.

Vista users should also use this driver also.Vista users will need this driver (Thanks to Sergey123456 from XDA)

tonytec 01-29-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2legit (Post 1511659)

Yes!!! lol

tonytec 02-01-2010 12:12 PM

I would like to have my imagio setup so I can switch to any CDMA carrier inthe United States or Canada. and not just cricket...
Although I dont see much input on here from pros, maybe they dont want to share the info, because they make a living out of it, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have started this post in the first place...
I didnt mean any harm, just thought it might help people out...

whitey10tc 02-01-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonytec (Post 1532091)
I would like to have my imagio setup so I can switch to any CDMA carrier inthe United States or Canada. and not just cricket...
Although I dont see much input on here from pros, maybe they dont want to share the info, because they make a living out of it, I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't have started this post in the first place...
I didnt mean any harm, just thought it might help people out...

Tony there are very few cdma carriers that will accept a foreign ESN now as for your post here you have got something good going and I have made some other suggestions along the way. Have you tried the different drivers what have you done to get to this point. Hit me up after 8 pm MST tonight and I'll get into a chat room here and see if I can help you a little more. and you are right others don't like to post solutions because they make money from it, but also they are afraid that it will be resold on ebay. I had someone copy word for word links and all from my Vogue tutorial and sale it on ebay for $30 needless to say that the seller was shut down but it happens.

whitey10tc 02-01-2010 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a little picture tutorial I put together for another user on how to connect to QPST.

Things to note are you must know your SPC, you must know your operating system XP, Vista or 7. The drivers for vista and xp can be found in any of my tutorials.