PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107071)

m_s_ifland 01-19-2010 04:42 PM

Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

I don't know why, but my phone screen rotates to landscape and I don't want it to.

Anyone know if there is a reg entry to change so I can fix this?

keithdupont 01-19-2010 05:30 PM

Re: Phone Screen Rotates(Don't Want It To)

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_s_ifland (Post 1502027)
I don't know why, but my phone screen rotates to landscape and I don't want it to.

Anyone know if there is a reg entry to change so I can fix this?

Be more specific, you mean in the dialer screen or all screens????

cbreze 01-19-2010 05:36 PM

I prefer to rotate manually so I disabled my g sensor from the settings screen towards the bottom, click g sensor.

m_s_ifland 01-19-2010 06:10 PM

cbreze, I like g sensor, I really don't want to disable it. Thanks though for responding.

keithdupont: lol, sorry just reread and found how vague that was. Anyway, I like certain things to rotate on my phone. I use an app called "GConfig" to accomplish this. But my dialer and phone calls screens rotate as well. When someone is calling it rotates when the phone is turned, and it distorts and blacks out the picture. The dialer rotates also and distorts. I would like those screens only not to rotate.

keithdupont 01-19-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_s_ifland (Post 1502280)
cbreze, I like g sensor, I really don't want to disable it. Thanks though for responding.

keithdupont: lol, sorry just reread and found how vague that was. Anyway, I like certain things to rotate on my phone. I use an app called "GConfig" to accomplish this. But my dialer and phone calls screens rotate as well. When someone is calling it rotates when the phone is turned, and it distorts and blacks out the picture. The dialer rotates also and distorts. I would like those screens only not to rotate.

I don't use gconfig, but the program name for the phone/dialer is cprog.exe, you should be able to somehow configure gconfig to not rotate in that program. Make sure it is not on the whitelist and see if there is a way to blacklist it in gconfig. Thats all of the help I can give.....

gcianc 05-17-2010 02:40 PM

anyone figure out how to disable cprog.exe from rotating?

This is a highly annoying issue for me also having dialer rotate. TIA

Wildman 05-17-2010 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcianc (Post 1757775)
anyone figure out how to disable cprog.exe from rotating?

This is a highly annoying issue for me also having dialer rotate. TIA

Open G Config application and you should see cprog.exe (PHONE) in whitelist, just press and hold on app name in list until option menu comes up and select remove and then exit and reboot device..
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1274140244http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1274140332

thepolishguy 05-18-2010 03:23 AM

For those that want a registry edit...

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 1758764)
You could use the whitelist @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\W hiteList]

modules are listed here @ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\M oduleName]

line item remove the apps you dont want to auto rotate.

I can't be more specific - bc I didn't say it. but it doesn't sound to complicated,

gcianc 05-18-2010 02:02 PM

thanks guys but neither of the above are applicable. I'm currently using "Default windows dialer" not htc's so perhaps the EXE is different. There is no phone or dialer entry in registry gsensor or G-config.

???

Wildman 05-18-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcianc (Post 1760031)
thanks guys but neither of the above are applicable. I'm currently using "Default windows dialer" not htc's so perhaps the EXE is different. There is no phone or dialer entry in registry gsensor or G-config.

???

Have you tried running G Config and then click Add New Application and then open dialer and then stick stylus into unit and application should identify the applications name and then try removing that item from list...

Other wise if that doesnt work you can try saving list of all items in G Config and then remove applications one at a time and then restart until phone dialer does not rotate and then once you identified item configure defaults list minus the one cause phone rotation.