PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 10:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

skitty4gzus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is hard reset the answer?

Question: First, my phone has been super glitchy lately and its actually really really annoying and at times taking forever to do simple tasks like check texts and actually make a call........ Im thinking that a nice hard reset is the best way to go about it. I have a handful of cabs and what not installed on my phone and im thinking maybe some of them are conflicting with others maybe and giving me fits? Thing is how do i backup my contacts so i can hard reset and get my contacts back and kinda start over fresh? Also, can anybody put together a small list of cabs and things for best overall performance. Known cabs that will not conflict with other cabs and in what order to install things. I mean I really really want this phone to work out, but this is just starting to get annoying. I will list the cabs and fixes on the phone if somebody can help point out which ones to install and in what order and what to stay away from. I could really use help on this if you guys dont mind.
1.sdkcerts
2.tsowens task bar
3.KD mod
4.codyppc performance
5.color cdma fix
6.customized tabs colored icons
7.enable in call recording
8.fix unread call count
9.official leo camera fix(worked for like the first 2 minutes btw)
10.htc clean ram 1.9.3?
11.juggalo xs notifications enhancements
12.laskarlock v1
13.manila start menu unlocker
14.netcfv35.wm.arm
15.no curtains
16.pegasus clean slate
17.phm reg edit
18.settings and comm icons
19.show hidden phone settings
20._sndtabs
21.transparent clock background
22.transparent clock
23.weather bug
24.autolight(which i cant completely uninstall)
Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1

Ride33 is just getting started
Re: is hard reset the answer?

I have been looking for the same thing. you have a lot more, i wish i knew what some of yours did. i have asked this question a couple of times and i cannot get anyone to say yes what i have is a good combonation or no i need to add something for better proformance or what ever.

Here is what i have installed on my phone right now:

sdkcerts.cab
NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
TP2_Leo1919_Slider_AllTabs.cab
SndTabs.cab
SettingsAndCommIcons.cab
Customize_Tabs_Colored_Icons.cab
Bckgrnd 4 all Tabs.cab
SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab
QM_Midomi_1.6.57.CAB
HD Tweak 0.5.4_English.cab
DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab
color Call histoy and Calander cab

still i am looking for a taskbar that has 3g that is not purple or a call history and calender icon that is not red.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You can use Sashimi to back up contacts and whatever else you want to save so after you do a hard reset it will restore everything. A hard reset will probably help a great deal but unless you use an app like ClearTemp, SKTools, or MemMaid to clear out temporary files once and a while you will probably will have to hard reset again soon. I'm thinking that may be all you really need to do now to restore some performance. You see, after a while temp files build up and leftovers in the registry from uninstalled apps can bog things down. It's worth a try and ClearTemp is free.
You can find it in the commonly used apps thread in the software forum.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:20 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitty4gzus View Post
Question: First, my phone has been super glitchy lately and its actually really really annoying and at times taking forever to do simple tasks like check texts and actually make a call........ Im thinking that a nice hard reset is the best way to go about it. I have a handful of cabs and what not installed on my phone and im thinking maybe some of them are conflicting with others maybe and giving me fits? Thing is how do i backup my contacts so i can hard reset and get my contacts back and kinda start over fresh? Also, can anybody put together a small list of cabs and things for best overall performance. Known cabs that will not conflict with other cabs and in what order to install things. I mean I really really want this phone to work out, but this is just starting to get annoying. I will list the cabs and fixes on the phone if somebody can help point out which ones to install and in what order and what to stay away from. I could really use help on this if you guys dont mind.
1.sdkcerts
2.tsowens task bar
3.KD mod
4.codyppc performance
5.color cdma fix
6.customized tabs colored icons
7.enable in call recording
8.fix unread call count
9.official leo camera fix(worked for like the first 2 minutes btw)
10.htc clean ram 1.9.3?
11.juggalo xs notifications enhancements
12.laskarlock v1
13.manila start menu unlocker
14.netcfv35.wm.arm
15.no curtains
16.pegasus clean slate
17.phm reg edit
18.settings and comm icons
19.show hidden phone settings
20._sndtabs
21.transparent clock background
22.transparent clock
23.weather bug
24.autolight(which i cant completely uninstall)
i found number 7 doesnt do anything and if your using clean slate u dont need no curtains just install it clean slate last
Old 01-17-2010, 10:21 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride33 View Post
I have been looking for the same thing. you have a lot more, i wish i knew what some of yours did. i have asked this question a couple of times and i cannot get anyone to say yes what i have is a good combonation or no i need to add something for better proformance or what ever.

Here is what i have installed on my phone right now:

sdkcerts.cab
NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
TP2_Leo1919_Slider_AllTabs.cab
SndTabs.cab
SettingsAndCommIcons.cab
Customize_Tabs_Colored_Icons.cab
Bckgrnd 4 all Tabs.cab
SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab
QM_Midomi_1.6.57.CAB
HD Tweak 0.5.4_English.cab
DHarvey HTC Programs Tab Fix.cab
color Call histoy and Calander cab

still i am looking for a taskbar that has 3g that is not purple or a call history and calender icon that is not red.
if your using hdwalls no need for backround on all tabs not sure why u have sdk certs thats only if your using custom taskbar whick i dont see u are
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am not using hdwalls i just have the bckgrnd 4 all tabs.cab. and i have tryied a couple of taskbars and can not find one that i like yet that is why i have the sdk certs. I have been having a problem with the phone not answering also, not sure what that is all about.

Also thanks maxtcee!

Last edited by Ride33; 01-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Threadstarter

skitty4gzus is a n00b

thanks maxtcee, I thought i read somewhere about installing the netcvf3.5 first when you get the phone or after hard reset? Also, what about erasing any verizon files and things im not using? Especially mobile tv, but what else can be erased that is typically removed? I dont care if i have to strip this phone down to barely anything if that means it works quickly and reliably. Because really, I need a phone that rings when somebody calls, and a phone that notifies me when the text gets there, not when i wake it up! Is there a method to installing cabs? do you install one at a time and reboot the phone and install the next, or can you install a bunch at a time and reset the phone?
Old 01-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

I just backup contacts with Microsoft Myphone.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started

BTW, is cleartemp any better than sktools lite for clearing the cache etc? Or are they pretty much the same.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Does anyone have the cab handy for the cleartemp or sktools?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio