PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Osteo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Add day of week to your home screen

Works great. You don't have to copy to desktop either! Turn off TF3d, copy the file to a temp directory somewhere (I use Total Commander as a file explorer replacement but other file progs should work too), change properties to drop the system flag, edit as above, copy back, and turn on TF3d and you're good to go! Thanks!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid X

sensatti is becoming a great contributor

Cool thanks.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Revampd is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Revampd

I'm probably missing something... this the first real tweak I've tried. I can't seem to set the file to "read only". What am I missing? There are other check boxes, "system" and "in rom" which are also checked. Any suggestions? Also, I just dragged the file onto my desktop from the "my computer" application. Is that the right way to go? It seemed to work ok but when I drag it back, it doesn't allow it. It tries but I get an error message "Make sure you have permission, have enough memory". I'm assuming this is all related to the "read only" status. Thanks
Old 01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
I'm probably missing something... this the first real tweak I've tried. I can't seem to set the file to "read only". What am I missing? There are other check boxes, "system" and "in rom" which are also checked. Any suggestions? Also, I just dragged the file onto my desktop from the "my computer" application. Is that the right way to go? It seemed to work ok but when I drag it back, it doesn't allow it. It tries but I get an error message "Make sure you have permission, have enough memory". I'm assuming this is all related to the "read only" status. Thanks
you need a reg editor like total comander to copy it back to your windows folder
Old 01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have Total Commander on my phone but I just can't figure out how to use it. It resides on the phone and not on the computer after all. I had no problem dragging the file to my computer desktop using Windows file explorer. I used notepad to tinker the file and resave as a "manilla". I can even drag the file back to the phones windows folder but then I get the "cannot copy" message, and again, I can't set the "read only" checkbox to "off" in the phone. I'm sorry if I'm missing something simple but I'm a complete newbie with the phone although I'm very computer literate on the PC.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revampd View Post
I have Total Commander on my phone but I just can't figure out how to use it. It resides on the phone and not on the computer after all. I had no problem dragging the file to my computer desktop using Windows file explorer. I used notepad to tinker the file and resave as a "manilla". I can even drag the file back to the phones windows folder but then I get the "cannot copy" message, and again, I can't set the "read only" checkbox to "off" in the phone. I'm sorry if I'm missing something simple but I'm a complete newbie with the phone although I'm very computer literate on the PC.

Thanks for the reply.
open up total comander click file / veiw modes / tree veiw / toggle to your manilla file press and hold file copy / move toggle to windows folder click yes if over ride prompt soft reset turn tf3d back on
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Wow, thank you so much! I had to fiddle around in TC but it worked! I'll get better at this in time. You guys are the greatest and I do love this phone.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:13 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

glad you got it to work and yes your gona want to get familar with total comannder as it will be one of your best freind
Old 01-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker

ktraub is a n00b

maxtcee, Is there a way to add another clock to the DateTime line with another TimeZone (instead of the day of the week) -Kev
Old 01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Threadstarter

dont know you can try let us know the end results

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio