PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 04:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Viventis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Here's a New One

I have several custom wallpapers in my "My Wallpapers" file on the device. I installed the cab to allow your main screen wallpaper to appear on all of the Touchflo screens. The craziest thing happenned. The cab worked, but when I go into the My Wallpapers file to pick another, the custom wallpapers have been replaced by photos (of the beach) which I recently viewed that are on my SD card! What is more bizarre is when I select one of the beach photos as my wallpaper, the original custom wallpaper loads in its place!! So it appears that the custom wallpapers are all still there, they are just wearing beach photo costumes. No change after soft re-set and ununstalling the cab.

When I get home I will try removing all of the wallpaper files from the device and then re-installing them.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Here's a New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viventis View Post
I have several custom wallpapers in my "My Wallpapers" file on the device. I installed the cab to allow your main screen wallpaper to appear on all of the Touchflo screens. The craziest thing happenned. The cab worked, but when I go into the My Wallpapers file to pick another, the custom wallpapers have been replaced by photos (of the beach) which I recently viewed that are on my SD card! What is more bizarre is when I select one of the beach photos as my wallpaper, the original custom wallpaper loads in its place!! So it appears that the custom wallpapers are all still there, they are just wearing beach photo costumes. No change after soft re-set and ununstalling the cab.

When I get home I will try removing all of the wallpaper files from the device and then re-installing them.
I have no idea on this one........sorry, I just ripped the cab open and looked at it all there are is four manilla files in it no wallpapers. I would move the wallpapers to you home computer and then delete them from the device. Soft Reset then copy them back and see what happens. I have use this cab that I made many times with no side effects.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

Viventis is just getting started
Re: Here's a New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdupont View Post
I have no idea on this one........sorry, I just ripped the cab open and looked at it all there are is four manilla files in it no wallpapers. I would move the wallpapers to you home computer and then delete them from the device. Soft Reset then copy them back and see what happens. I have use this cab that I made many times with no side effects.
Don't fret Keith, it's all good now. I showed a co-worker some of the custom wallpapers I had made. When asked where I got one, I switched to an album view of some of the beach pictures I had taken over the Summer. I then went immediately back to my office, downloaded and installed the cab. These events can't be a coincidence. I am assuming that the wallpapers and beach images remained in some type of temporary memory at the time the cab was installed, which I assume contributed to the problem. The thumbs of the exact beach pictures I viewed replaced the thumbs of the same wallpapers I displayed. Like I said in the original post, only the thumbnails of the wallpapers were changed, not the pictures themselves.

To test my theory, I openned up a different set of pictures with the viewer, then opened up and viewed the backgrounds in the picture viewer. After closing out the viewer, I went back into the wallpaper application and all of the custom wallpapers were back to normal. I suppose to fully test I would have to try to recreate the problem, using a different album of photos. Sorry but I am not going to mess things up now that all is working. The cab works great, by the way!

Last edited by Viventis; 01-04-2010 at 07:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio