PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

sp3edd0g is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life darn short?!

I just got the Imagio for Christmas and I love it to death! I'm a huge Windows fan so a plus for me :P

One thing I noticed is that the Battery life is so damn short! I charge it overnight and then when i leave in the morning (around 6AM) and then by this time it's halfway through it's battery life! I used it mainly for texting and emails but only for like 30 minutes total.

How is it on youse guys?

PS: I constantly check my task manager to see nothing there, Memory is 65+ %. Currently on the phone, I have No Curtains, At0mAng D3D driver, Clear Weather Background, Total Commander, CMYLXGO Custom Slider for Manila 2.5, Google maps, cleanRAM, KD Carbon Clock, M6 taskbar, HD Tweak, and Clean Slate.

Could any of these drain the battery fast?

Last edited by sp3edd0g; 12-30-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor
Re: Battery life darn short?!

the phone is configured from Verizon with terrible battery managment in mind (ie. sell extra batteries).

to fix...

turn the phone off "world phone" (use cdma only) for a significant battery boost. then toggle bluetooth on/off as needed. This should significantly boost your battery life which should be very good even with heavy internet use.

wi-fi, excessive video/camera use or realtime GPS (ie. garmin xt, google maps) will drain the battery quicker, as expected.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: OMNIA>TOUCHPRO>IMAGIO

saxman1212 is a n00b

You may also want to make sure you have a decent signal(verizon wireless phone service or 'bars'). A low signal or when the phone is 'searching' for signal it will significantly reduce your battery life. you might already know this but i'm just throwing it out there.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Suggest you give it a little bit of time. I was one of the crazies who set my alarm for 4:00 a.m. on Oct 8th and ordered the phone the day it became available. Battery life out of the box was absolutely horrible. Like gcianc recommended, switching the phone to CDMA only helps (Settings - All Settings - Personal - Phone - Network tab . . .) but you'll start to see battery life improvements over the weeks to come.

I went from needing to charge every day to now going several days before I consider putting it on the charger. Others may argue but I attribute most of my life gain to cycling the battery up and down a few times before full performance is seen. Haven't installed any other cabs that would've affected it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sp3edd0g is becoming a great contributor

I had the network set on CDMA when I first hot the phone (previous storm user here) so I knew that. however my classroom does not have service so that could be the reason. I will try airplane mode tomorrow.

I also uninstalled google maps and gps mode automatically off so we will see how that goes
Old 12-30-2009, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gilbenl is becoming a great contributor

Aside from what has already been mentioned, you should be sure to "calibrate" the battery by letting it go through a few full charge-discharge cycles. When I got mine, even with the CDMA only thing, it took a few cycles to get the most out the battery. Doing this will also prolong your battery's operational life.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp3edd0g View Post
I had the network set on CDMA when I first hot the phone (previous storm user here) so I knew that. however my classroom does not have service so that could be the reason. I will try airplane mode tomorrow.

I also uninstalled google maps and gps mode automatically off so we will see how that goes
no service IS the reason. you really burn the battery looking for a signal. (the phones should be smarter in stop looking for signal once battery life dips below XX% with a user option to configure.

google maps (when not being run) cannot drain the battery so i'd reinstall that (plus you can turn GPS off in GM).

the GPS itself i don't find to burn the battery anyways but obviously that is another item to consider if you don't travel or drive.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johncal is becoming a great contributor

[QUOTE=gcianc;1448423]the phone is configured from Verizon with terrible battery managment in mind (ie. sell extra batteries).

I guess you have some inside proof of this?

It's probably more like the people at Verizon are idiots and don't know that setting it to CDMA only will make the battery last longer. Then again, the Imagio is a WORLD phone and the vast majority of people that use phones are idiots as well and wouldn't know enough to turn the GSM setting on and off.

I still don't see a buy more batteries conspiracy though.

Last edited by johncal; 12-30-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ebay:

2 1500mah Battery+Charger for Verizon HTC Imagio xv6975

Item condition:New

Time left:28 days 9 hours (Jan 27, 201021:45:48 PST)

Quantity:More than 10 available

Price:US $14.99

I'll post the link to the ebay auction itself but it will eventually expire and then it won't work anymore.
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-1500mah-Batter...29185001r24763

Last edited by nsa_sailor; 01-18-2010 at 01:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
N00b

malexii is a n00b

for the first two weeks I would have to charge the battery two to three times a day with light use. now i can go three days with light use. just give it some time and take the advice from above.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio