PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:46 PM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

teh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
VCast Mobile TV "Launch Failure"

Lately, every time I try to open VCast Mobile TV, I wind up with an error screen reading: "Launch Failure: Client unable to launch. Please contact customer service."

OK. Quit snickering. I can't be the only one in America paying 50 cents a day to watch TV on my phone. Really? I am?? C'mon, it impresses girls in bars...

In any event, I called Verizon tech support. The guy was friendly, checked all the subscription tweaks on his end, saw that I had done an over-the-air update just before calling him, etc., but had no good idea as to why I'm getting this error.

So I figured maybe I had a corrupted app, so I did a hard reset. And Mobile TV worked brilliantly again. For a couple of hours. Then I started getting the error back. This being New Year's Day, my local Verizon shop is shut, but I'm thinking of wandering down there tomorrow and having a tech look at it. Or I may try another hard reset tonight if I'm really bored. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or if I'm the only lucky bastard. I'd sure hate to keep reloading the rom only to find out it was a network issue.

Please hit if I've helped you attain enlightenment, grasshopper.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM
teh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

teh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VCast Mobile TV "Launch Failure"

Just an update: I did another hard reset and VCast Mobile TV works fine again. So now I'm going to reinstall apps one by one to try to find the one that's wrecking the TV service.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio