PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   htc hd (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103255)

jacko1 12-25-2009 07:24 PM

htc hd

will they work on verizon network and what are your thoughts on them

bikeandestroyx 12-25-2009 07:30 PM

Re: htc hd

The htc HD is GSM only and only in europe. It will not work on vzw's CDMA network, only tmobile and AT&T [no 3g support on their networks]. The htc imagio on vzw is basically the cdma version of the HD. The device names are very similar also imagio=whitestone and the HD=blackstone.

HTCexy 12-25-2009 07:38 PM

I hate my effin Imagio anymore...Im seriously considering selling it to pay the verizon cancellation fee and switching to T-Mobile or AT&T so I can Get the LEO...played with it a couple of days ago and the teeny extras go a loooooooooong way!

cbreze 12-26-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCexy (Post 1437320)
I hate my effin Imagio anymore...Im seriously considering selling it to pay the verizon cancellation fee and switching to T-Mobile or AT&T so I can Get the LEO...played with it a couple of days ago and the teeny extras go a loooooooooong way!

I'd maybe think this thru, because the leo while rumored to be going to tmobile will be on their flimsy 3g network with 3g coverage only in major areas. I live in a supposedly covered area in a large metro city and am actually in a fringe area for 3g. One reason I switched to verizon. I have not yet heard of the leo going to at+t at all, so that would be edge only coverage. If you stray off the main hiways very far tmo's edge coverage becomes very sketchy. I was with tmo for 9 years. I always hated how when road tripping I'd lose coverage and my friends with verizon always had coverage. Sometimes whole towns would not have tmo coverage or any gsm roaming either. At my daughters house in New Mexico there is no gsm service. Verizon only. So "look before you leap".

Mahalo 12-26-2009 09:38 AM

I have to agree with cbreze. tmobiles coverage can't touch vz. I'm not a vz fan...AT ALL...but their cell service is extraordinary even where their customer service is worthy of a Fail Blog entry.

saxman1212 12-26-2009 01:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahalo
I have to agree with cbreze. tmobiles coverage can't touch vz. I'm not a vz fan...AT ALL...but their cell service is extraordinary even where their customer service is worthy of a Fail Blog entry.

totally agreed

HTCexy 12-26-2009 04:24 PM

I see where you guys are coming from...but its still a global device so it should pick up any towers even the CDMA right?

saxman1212 12-27-2009 09:17 AM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCexy
I see where you guys are coming from...but its still a global device so it should pick up any towers even the CDMA right?

no it is gsm only. this imagio is ' global' because it is cdma with the option of gsm. you won't find that very often

wedgemoose 12-30-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCexy (Post 1437320)

HTCexy, I may not be a phone profesional like you guys but the one thing I am a Pro at is networks. I don't mean to offend anybody by this BUT if your not on the Verizon network you don't even have a phone. NOTHING touches Verizon, NOTHING!!!! I have used them all and the ones I haven't my friends have used. Verizon is probably 10 times better than the next best. It's different technology. I had it explained to me once with a perfect analogy but I can't remember what they said. I have paid more "early termination fee's" than i have parking tickets. I travel all over the country. Trust me, if you switch you will regret it. I really can't believe that more people don't defend Verizon or talk about how superior they are. All as i read is bashing because of their software they force on us or what they do to lock phones. I don't care if i had to use a phone with one button to be on Verizon. Verizon is the best network PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

saxman1212 12-30-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wedgemoose (Post 1448086)
HTCexy, I may not be a phone profesional like you guys but the one thing I am a Pro at is networks. I don't mean to offend anybody by this BUT if your not on the Verizon network you don't even have a phone. NOTHING touches Verizon, NOTHING!!!! I have used them all and the ones I haven't my friends have used. Verizon is probably 10 times better than the next best. It's different technology. I had it explained to me once with a perfect analogy but I can't remember what they said. I have paid more "early termination fee's" than i have parking tickets. I travel all over the country. Trust me, if you switch you will regret it. I really can't believe that more people don't defend Verizon or talk about how superior they are. All as i read is bashing because of their software they force on us or what they do to lock phones. I don't care if i had to use a phone with one button to be on Verizon. Verizon is the best network PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Very true, Verizon's network is totally superior. But that doesn't give them the right to force us to use inferior devices and have awful customer service(which is only the case sometimes). The thing that i wonder is wheter or not the fact that we are forced to be on CDMA techionolgies is the reason why they can't use better phones(some of the nokia models and HTC). I sure hope that this changes when we go to 4G LTE. I have definitely considered switching networks and getting a better phone with the verizon mifi as my data(i know quite a few iphone users that have done this, b/c at&t's coverage is awful and trying to use EDGE is just laughable). I am waiting this out and hoping for a snapdragon very soon.