PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Hardware buttons remap (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102995)

jadedame 12-23-2009 03:56 PM

Hardware buttons remap

Does anyone know of how one can remap the hardware buttons at the bottom? Preferably a free method. I want to change the middle button to my contacts list instead of having the middle button doing the same thing as the Start soft key at the top left corner.

saxman1212 12-23-2009 04:21 PM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

not sure but spb pocket plus enables more button re mapping options. the built in options are located in the personal settings

jlh11364 12-23-2009 04:21 PM

Re: Hardware buttons remap

It is in your phone settings.

Settings,all settings,buttons. I have my multimedia key mapped as camera.

jadedame 12-23-2009 04:59 PM

SPB pocket plus is for the today screen which i don't use. and the settings only allows for two keys to be changed, I want to be able to change any/all the hardware keys (5 total).

lafester 12-23-2009 07:07 PM

there is no free option that I know of.
be aware that if you are using tf3d most of the keys are locked to their current use even with a paid app like ae button plus however your options do increase a little over stock.

jadedame 12-24-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lafester (Post 1434103)
there is no free option that I know of.
be aware that if you are using tf3d most of the keys are locked to their current use even with a paid app like ae button plus however your options do increase a little over stock.

It's odd that I can change almost anything with the touchscreen soft keys but nothing for the hardware buttons. anyways, thanks for the response. I was going to try out ae button plus but since you mentioned that, might not be worth it.

Biotron2000 12-24-2009 01:47 PM

AE Buttons Plus did not work for me. It's like the keys retain their original functions as well as trying to do the reassigned functions. I wrote the program's author to ask about updates, but he never responded. I'd love to be able to remap the volume keys so they don't change anything when I accidentally hit them. I never need to adjust the volume, so they're kind of useless to me as-is.

thepolishguy 12-24-2009 03:24 PM

I use aebutton plus and it works 50/50 for me. i can remap two of the 5 hardware buttons. and since you can get multiple functions out of 1 hardware button (1 button can have 3 options: 1 press = x, 2 presses = y, 3 presses = z [long press never worked for me if it did you would get 4 options]) it has been pretty handy. I could remap the green button and the back button. i could probably remap the media button if i didn't want it dedicated to the camera- but like Biotron said, it had some issues trying to decide what it should be doing.

anyways, hope that helps.

Wildman 01-26-2010 01:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Keyswop works, I use it.....

Nicaragüense 01-26-2010 03:03 AM

Isnt Keyswop just for the soft keys?