PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

id_omg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: fix for GPS delay

This tweak inproved the lag within TomTom 7 v916.9189 considerably, now the position only lags behind by maybe a second or two. I have a question for jeff_roey, did adjusting the poll interval to 100 as recommended elseware, improve the lag time any? Are your settings a compromise between battey life and lag, or did your settings minimize the lag time the most?
Old 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
Yes, wedgemoose, I did make the tweaks into a cab, I even made a default cab to take them back to original. I you check your registry before and after the cab you will notice the changes. The cab contains the original tweaks in the first post and only the original tweaks. I added nothing or took away nothing.

If you open the cab file with an unzip program like winrar or 7zip you can drag the "_setup.xml" file to your desktop, double click it to open it and view the tweaks and compare them to the original tweaks in the first post to make sure that they are correct.
Not only do i realize that but I had your cab's downloaded 15 minutes after you posted them-thank you very much.
But i see a few people are saying "Cab AND Tweaks". So I'm wondering if there is a tweak also? Maybe they use your Cab and then go play with the settings. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hmmm, I don't know. Maybe they are making adjustments after. On the first post it does state other adjustments that are recommended by other places. I wonder if they are making those adjustments as well.

Well, I can tell you this, I went with the original adjustments in my cab and it makes a huge difference in Bing, Google Maps, and Amaze GPS. I don't see how it could get much better. So I'm just going to stick with the original adustments in my cab.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by id_omg View Post
This tweak inproved the lag within TomTom 7 v916.9189 considerably, now the position only lags behind by maybe a second or two. I have a question for jeff_roey, did adjusting the poll interval to 100 as recommended elseware, improve the lag time any? Are your settings a compromise between battey life and lag, or did your settings minimize the lag time the most?
I chose 500 after fooling around with the poll interval between 100 and 1000. Nothing scientific and nothing measured but I remember I felt like I started noting sat lock quicker starting around 500 and no noticable, continued improvement between 500 and 100.

To answer your question, I guess I chose 500 because it was good enough for me: sat lock/quantity with google and Igo is really fast. I assumed that to some degree sat polling interval equated to power consumption somehow and I didn't see any value setting it 5 times higher (i.e. pollinterval = 100) for no noticable improvement.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

ifland- when i said, "the cab didn't work for me", i meant that it wouldn't install. i didn't mean that it didn't improve my gps lag.

so anyways, i tried again and it installed fine. now i will have to take it for a test run.

question- if i don't like the changes, do i have to uninstall the "tweak" cab before i install the "default" cab? or do i just install the default cab and it overwrites the tweaks?

Jeff- thanks for the reply. appreciate at least that you got back to me.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
question- if i don't like the changes, do i have to uninstall the "tweak" cab before i install the "default" cab? or do i just install the default cab and it overwrites the tweaks?
Good, I'm glad that it installed for you. To answer your question. You can just install the Default.cab and it will overwrite, but then the GPSTweak app will still show in you list of programs installed on the phone.

I would uninstall the GPSTweak app first, then install the GPSDefault.cab. Then soft reset your phone.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_s_ifland View Post
Good, I'm glad that it installed for you. To answer your question. You can just install the Default.cab and it will overwrite, but then the GPSTweak app will still show in you list of programs installed on the phone.

I would uninstall the GPSTweak app first, then install the GPSDefault.cab. Then soft reset your phone.
thanks for the reply. still haven't had a chance to test (live in a very small town and no need for gps yet) but i will report when i do.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osteo View Post
What SD card thing?

I actually have two versions on my Imagio, one on the card and one in main memory (an older version will import contact addresses but doesn't run as smoothly so if I add contacts I run the older one in main memory first to import contacts to POI then exit and use the newer one on the card to navigate to the contacts imported address).
Which version do you use to import contacts? I have all versions loaded on my SD card.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

I tried the suggestions here and none of them helped the lag with TomTom on my Imagio. I found this post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110110 - and installed GpsGatePPC.ARM.CAB from post #2 on that thread. Then I setup the GPS in GPSgate and changed TomTom over to "other NMEA GPS receiver" as suggested (tap the GPS signal/Time/MPH box on the lower right, then tap the signal/GPS Infol box on the right side, and then click on configure). Now TomTom is lightning fast and keeps up with me perfectly just like it did on my Touch (XV6900) before this. The map even rotates in real time as I make turns.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post
I tried the suggestions here and none of them helped the lag with TomTom on my Imagio. I found this post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110110 - and installed GpsGatePPC.ARM.CAB from post #2 on that thread. Then I setup the GPS in GPSgate and changed TomTom over to "other NMEA GPS receiver" as suggested (tap the GPS signal/Time/MPH box on the lower right, then tap the signal/GPS Infol box on the right side, and then click on configure). Now TomTom is lightning fast and keeps up with me perfectly just like it did on my Touch (XV6900) before this. The map even rotates in real time as I make turns.
Could you use this app to improve Garmin and if so how?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio