PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Breadbutcher is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having some problems....

So as the title says I am having some problems with my imagio. So a while ago I decided to try out the dusk unlock screen and it distorted some things, so I uninstalled it. Needless to say it screwed up my unlock screen and I did not know what to do. So I used coinflippers stock shipped program to get the phone back to stock. Now I can't install any .cabs and on top of that my memory jumps up like crazy when I open opera and I cant even load any websites (it does the "Out of memory, close tabs" error). Help!
Old 12-07-2009, 04:16 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Having some problems....

do a hard reset and dont use coinflippers just go into task manager on the top right hit the memory icon then on bottom hit clear storage and type 1234 ok and let the phone reset
Old 12-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Breadbutcher is a n00b

Ok so another stupid question, how do I hard reset? As I understand it a soft reset is taking the battery out/hitting the red button right?

Nvm: this question was answered in above post. Thanks maxtcee

Last edited by Breadbutcher; 12-07-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadbutcher View Post
Ok so another stupid question, how do I hard reset? As I understand it a soft reset is taking the battery out/hitting the red button right?
You might have done something bad. You may have overwritten the stock rom image with a new. The best thing you can do is go to Start->Settings->All Settings->System->Memory. Select the "clear memory" tab. Type in 1234, click okay and hope for the best.

Back up your contacts.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Breadbutcher is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnfishin View Post
You might have done something bad. You may have overwritten the stock rom image with a new. The best thing you can do is go to Start->Settings->All Settings->System->Memory. Select the "clear memory" tab. Type in 1234, click okay and hope for the best.

Back up your contacts.

I backed everything up through mIq and myphone. Doing a hard reset now. Ill update this post when Im through resetting it.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if that way doesnt work, the other way to do a hard reset is hold down the vol button and press the green and red buttons all at the same time till a reset screen shows up
Old 12-07-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

always keep a backup use sprite backup etc.. for manilas/settigns so that way when this happenes again u dotn have to clear everything

Old 12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Breadbutcher is a n00b

Ok so I did a hard reset, and I am still having problems with my browser. When I try to open www.ppcgeeks.com it gives me that "Out of memory" bullshit. When I reset the phone I went into the file explorer and deleted everything that was useless. Right now I have

Storage:

Total: 242.36
In Use: 59.58
Free: 182.78

Program:

Total: 179.50
In Use: 97.78
Free: 81.73

With nothing running and my taskbar says 55%.

WTF.....
Old 12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

briannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbriannowicki is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ur using opera? if you've been using it for a while u need to delete your cache... because thats probably taking up a huge amount if u havent cleared it out yet, that can be found in opera9/cache. Id make a folder in ur storage card named (Opera Mobile) then sub folder named (cache) once u load the browser type in the url opera:config... scroll to the bottom till u reach User Prefs then scroll down to Cache Directory4 and choose the folder u made in ur storage card. try that leme know how it works unless u've already tried that.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Breadbutcher is a n00b

It didn't work brian. I went into file explorer and deleted all of the files in the opera - cache folder. Created a folder in a folder in my storage card, tried to change the user prefs and its still out of memory. I might have done it wrong cause it didn't give me a "Browse" option. Slowly starting to not like this phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio