PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Help: Installed ballistics program: not in menu. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102835)

larry0071 12-22-2009 02:16 PM

Help: Installed ballistics program: not in menu.

OK, a dude over at the M4CARBINE.net created a great balistics calculator that I enjoyed on my old 6800, so I installed it in the Imagio. To get to it, I have to browse to where the folder is on my mem card and click the .exe. I have Bobile Shell 3.5.2 and wish to shortcut it to one of the main windows, but since this does not invoke the add/remove programs part of Windows, it is not able to found in the "add widget" menus.

Is there any way to manually edit the registry to get this .exe to show up in the programs list of windows so that the SPB shell can find it?

larry0071 12-22-2009 02:27 PM

Re: Help: Installed ballistics program: not in menu.

1 Attachment(s)
By the way, in case any of you Windows Mobile touch screen guys wish to use this AWESOM balistic calculator, you can click this link:
http://ballcalc.sourceforge.net/

And I'll attach the most recent copy.
Attached is version 1.8

Veritech_910 12-22-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry0071 (Post 1431285)
OK, a dude over at the M4CARBINE.net created a great balistics calculator that I enjoyed on my old 6800, so I installed it in the Imagio. To get to it, I have to browse to where the folder is on my mem card and click the .exe. I have Bobile Shell 3.5.2 and wish to shortcut it to one of the main windows, but since this does not invoke the add/remove programs part of Windows, it is not able to found in the "add widget" menus.

Is there any way to manually edit the registry to get this .exe to show up in the programs list of windows so that the SPB shell can find it?

Create a shortcut of the .exe file and place it in your Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder and that's it :P

larry0071 12-22-2009 02:34 PM

That sure sounds easy enough, now...... how is it that I am to create this shortcut? I've never seen a way to creat a shortcut on a Win-Mob phone? I have a reg editer, but I don't think can creat one. Do I do it from my PC with the USB cord?

Sorry, I must be an idiot. Not really.... but compared some of you all... it seems like it every now and again!

larry0071 12-22-2009 02:42 PM

I used the computer and hooked the Imagio as an external drive. I right clicked and created a shortcut. I disconnected and tried to use the Imagio's file explorer to copy the shortcut and paste to the new location, but the paste option does not come up once I travel to the Windows\start menu\programs location.

Can you throw me a life preserver... I'm drowning over here!

keithdupont 12-22-2009 03:00 PM

Open File explorer on your imagio, go to the folder where the exe is located and tap and hold the file a menu will open click copy, navigate to windows/start menu and click menu, then edit, then paste shortcut. thats it

larry0071 12-22-2009 03:12 PM

Thank you! That got it! I tried a few ways but did not figiure it out on my own. Now I have my Balistics Calc right there, just a finger press away! I'm happy!

Veritech and Keith,
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!

I even clicked the thank you button on both of you!

larry0071 12-22-2009 03:21 PM

O.O

I have to email him. Some things are not working with the keyboard. You can not adjust the table range from the default 1000 yards and you can not adjust the table increments. It ignores the keyboard.

I was setting up with standard .223 55grain 2340 FPS at the muzzle. I wanted to set the chart for 25 yard increments from 0 to 600 yards.