PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Which data plan to choose with Verizon? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102706)

nathanofseattle 12-21-2009 04:20 PM

Which data plan to choose with Verizon?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm about to join a family plan with Verizon. I'm purchasing an HTC Imagio. I see that Verizon forces a data plan on you which is fine I suppose. But what are the differences between their 2 data plans offered?
1. Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
2. Email and Web for Smartphone $29.99/month

fwaits 12-21-2009 04:23 PM

Re: Which data plan to choose with Verizon?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanofseattle (Post 1429233)
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I'm about to join a family plan with Verizon. I'm purchasing an HTC Imagio. I see that Verizon forces a data plan on you which is fine I suppose. But what are the differences between their 2 data plans offered?
1. Unlimited Data Usage $44.99/month
2. Email and Web for Smartphone $29.99/month

#2 will work just fine. The 1st option is mainly for businesses using Blackberry and such. My work actually uses the #2 option on all of our WM Phones and functions perfectly with our Exchange system.

nathanofseattle 12-21-2009 04:44 PM

Thank you for the response! The #2 option would include unlimited web surfing, that I understand. But why would you purchase #1? If #2 can get unlimited web, isn't that all you'd need?

Slack3r 12-21-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanofseattle (Post 1429300)
Thank you for the response! The #2 option would include unlimited web surfing, that I understand. But why would you purchase #1? If #2 can get unlimited web, isn't that all you'd need?

Pretty much the only reason that option #1 exists is for business users who need a corporate account on the phone. They're both exactly the same from what I understand, it's just that Verizon won't support you on it unless you pay for the more expensive option.

Adrianh85 12-21-2009 05:34 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

#2 is the only way to go unless u a company with a business account! they both have the same service level but option 1 is assumed to have higher bandwith useage!!

fwaits 12-21-2009 05:40 PM

What's funny is even as a business account (My company is on a business account) you can still use Option 2. The only situation the rep told me that you absolutely have to use Option 1 is for Blackberry devices. This apparently isn't widely known however, as most still think business accounts have to pay the $44.99 option.

nathanofseattle 12-21-2009 05:54 PM

Thank you guy's for the answers. I will be getting option #2. I'm glad to know I don't have to worry about watching my data usage while not roaming.

With #2, would it be possible to share my Imagio's internet connectivity if connected to my laptop?

docinthebox 12-21-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanofseattle (Post 1429496)
Thank you guy's for the answers. I will be getting option #2. I'm glad to know I don't have to worry about watching my data usage while not roaming.

With #2, would it be possible to share my Imagio's internet connectivity if connected to my laptop?

see http://us.wmwifirouter.com/consumer/

Doc

the_passenger 12-21-2009 08:54 PM

option 1 if you dont know what to do with your $$$, otherwise, option 2 like the rest of us.

waycoolkennel 12-21-2009 09:57 PM

Option 1 is REQUIRED for a blackberry with BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) account..

RIM (blackberry) charges per device for Blackberry BES provisioning. So if you have a blackberry that connects to a corporate BES .. you will need the $44 version ..

Otherwise... Option 2 is perfect for a Wimo, Android or Palm device that uses ActiveSync.. (just web/SSL)