PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   revert to wm6.1 from wm6.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102581)

docinthebox 12-20-2009 04:45 PM

revert to wm6.1 from wm6.5

Geez I HATE wm6.5. It truly sucks! The Imagio is a very nice phone with a beautiful screen and form factor, but wm6.5 is way too buggy, the new Internet Explorer is next to useless, Opera and Skyfire are only slightly better but are still almost non functional. My favorite apps do not work on wm6.5. Crashes are far more frequent in wm6.5. I would gladly give up the finger touch capability if I could roll back to 6.1.

Does any body have a way to get wm 6.1 onto the Imagio?

Thanks
Doc

keithdupont 12-20-2009 05:16 PM

Re: revert to wm6.1 from wm6.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by docinthebox (Post 1427259)
Geez I HATE wm6.5. It truly sucks! The Imagio is a very nice phone with a beautiful screen and form factor, but wm6.5 is way too buggy, the new Internet Explorer is next to useless, Opera and Skyfire are only slightly better but are still almost non functional. My favorite apps do not work on wm6.5. Crashes are far more frequent in wm6.5. I would gladly give up the finger touch capability if I could roll back to 6.1.

Does any body have a way to get wm 6.1 onto the Imagio?

Thanks
Doc

only after we get the unlocker, and only if someone wants to make a 6.1 rom for it......they probably won't.

Adrianh85 12-20-2009 05:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

yep u got to wait until the unlocker drops?

docinthebox 12-20-2009 06:06 PM

Guess it's back to the Verizon store to trade the Imagio for a TouchPro2. I did not especially like the TP2 when I saw it, too thick with the keyboard, but did not try it in my pocket. A Droid would be good for the form factor, but I do not want a toy, I need a business phone. What the hell was MS thinking when they brought of wm 6.5?

Doc

Slack3r 12-20-2009 06:08 PM

Windows Mobile 6.5 isn't that bad, it's just the build they used on the Imagio has a HUGE memory leak for some reason.

Just wait for the unlocker, I'm sure we'll get someone to cook a newer 6.5 build onto it.

docinthebox 12-20-2009 06:32 PM

For the way I use the phone, I think it's 6.5 that's my problem. 4 out of my 5 main apps either don't work or are severely compromised. First, I do not like TF3D, it seems built for social organization, which does not interest me. Spb Pocket Plus is buggy on 6.5 with no update in sight. Spb Diary is all but non funtional in 6.5, also with no update in sight. Phone Alarm is buggy, logmein does not work period. The only critical app that works is ePocrates.

Thanks for your replies.

Doc

fordnfishin 12-20-2009 07:52 PM

Wow I never heard anyone wanting 6.1, I was so glad to get rid of it when I had my touch pro, haven't used 6.1 for almost a year. As soon as the unlocker came, I'm talking hours after, I put 6.5 on my touch pro2 to get rid of the bugs on it (thanks mighty mike). I honestly think your crazy. The imagio is plagued by a non functional version of touch flo, just wait bro.

Sellador 12-21-2009 02:09 AM

WM 6.5 is a new OS. With changes, developers sometimes need to update their applications. It's not the fault of the OS that SPB doesn't put a high enough priority on Pocket Plus or Diary to have released updated versions yet. I know it's disappointing, but SPB says they're working on it. On your dislike for TF3D, I agree with you. It didn't suit me at all (except the cool weather animations). I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and it works great with WM 6.5. If you stay with the Imagio, that would be a great option.