PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Imagio sluggish all the time (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102308)

restorick 12-18-2009 04:48 PM

Imagio sluggish all the time

Not sure where to turn...

Have had a love/hate relationship with my Imagio. Some days, it seems to be the perfect solution for my business and personal needs.

Other days, I want to frisbee the damned thing.

Today is one of the "other" days. As was yesterday, and the day before...

I've modded things a bit - grabbed cabs that originally worked great to reduce memory usage and keep the phone humming along. Now, I can't get any lower than 84% mem usage, no matter what I do.

The phone takes forever to launch the keypad while making a call, so collecting VM is an adventure. Don't even think about using the speaker to collect VM - it just can't get it right.

And everytime I call using my Parrot - the call drops after 2 rings.

I've tried uninstalling things and going back to almost the bare bones, to no avail. I've made sure all non-OS apps are installed to the mem card (class 6). I have few customizations on the phone, except for a new toolbar and menu (which were heartily endorsed here and on xda-developer.

Any ideas? Am I stuck with this, or is there hope? It's days like today that make me wish I waited for Android...

Thanks in advance!
Rick

fordnfishin 12-18-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Imagio sluggish all the time

You grabbed the nopifix cab and resproxy fix? You should be at least booting in the mid 50's for a little while. What helped me is removing the tv icon, deleting the folders and program files for vcast, vznav, tv, and any other program I didn't need. The biggest demon you face is killing Tfl 3d. It will save you more than 10mb of memory and normal phone functions work so much better, however, a lot of people say "I bought this phone because of tflo." But you can heavily customize titanium now, now no more lag when going to inboxes and kinetic scrolling. For example right now I have not soft rebooted for almost a week now, have wmp running and am at 71%. And I don't worry about memory, it is not a problem unless we are talking about storage memory. Hard reset and disable tflo from the get go and use 'windows default' install the two memory cabs. Install most cabs to the storage card and delete verizon apps from device, get rid of tv icon, you will be so much happier.

gcianc 12-18-2009 06:04 PM

You could also go with mobile shell and get down under 40% use on boot. I had my TP2 down to 38% in use on boot with the nopush/SSK, MobileShell3.5, oggsync, launchmanager and fingermenu all running on bootup@. 133.44 MB free

Imagio:
~78% stock TF3D w/ showcase taskmanager
~64% removed TV, nopush (not needed on imagio), SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab
~52% ResProxy "ShareMemSize" 0000000 and OggSync 84.55MB free 95MB in use

boots a little slower with resProxy at 0, no problem.

m_s_ifland 12-18-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordnfishin (Post 1423671)
You grabbed the nopifix cab and resproxy fix? You should be at least booting in the mid 50's for a little while. What helped me is removing the tv icon, deleting the folders and program files for vcast, vznav, tv, and any other program I didn't need. The biggest demon you face is killing Tfl 3d. It will save you more than 10mb of memory and normal phone functions work so much better, however, a lot of people say "I bought this phone because of tflo." But you can heavily customize titanium now, now no more lag when going to inboxes and kinetic scrolling. For example right now I have not soft rebooted for almost a week now, have wmp running and am at 71%. And I don't worry about memory, it is not a problem unless we are talking about storage memory. Hard reset and disable tflo from the get go and use 'windows default' install the two memory cabs. Install most cabs to the storage card and delete verizon apps from device, get rid of tv icon, you will be so much happier.

How do you delete those files, I thought they were locked.

jacko1 12-18-2009 09:21 PM

what about clean ram is there a cab for that

jacko1 12-18-2009 11:43 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/attach/zip.gif htcAddicts_cleanRAM_v1.8.zip (108.2 KB, 3 views)
htcexy gave me this link see if you like it
set it to level 2
hit the thanks if you liked it

restorick 12-19-2009 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordnfishin (Post 1423671)

Appreciate the suggestions. But how do you blow away the icon and delete the folders?

Thanks,
Rick

fordnfishin 12-19-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by restorick (Post 1424746)
Appreciate the suggestions. But how do you blow away the icon and delete the folders?

Thanks,
Rick

You use any explorer, total commander, file explorer, etc. and go into program files and delete the verizon software folders. To remove the tv icon search this forum it was a huge ordeal at one point. I would still hard reset before you do any of the following. AND ANYONE READING THIS POST, by experience with any wm device when you get it brand new you set it up go through the prompt and the auto reboot, then go to clear storage after that, it seems to help with program issues and overall functionality with the phone. And with my phone now you can hard reboot anywhere.

restorick 12-19-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordnfishin (Post 1425052)
You use any explorer, total commander, file explorer, etc. and go into program files and delete the verizon software folders. To remove the tv icon search this forum it was a huge ordeal at one point. I would still hard reset before you do any of the following. AND ANYONE READING THIS POST, by experience with any wm device when you get it brand new you set it up go through the prompt and the auto reboot, then go to clear storage after that, it seems to help with program issues and overall functionality with the phone. And with my phone now you can hard reboot anywhere.

Thanks again for the help. I was able to rid myself of the TV icon with a registry hack. I'll try using TC to blow away the folders.

FYI - I decided to try SPB Mobile Shell too, and fell in love in 30 seconds. Mem usage is down to 45-48% on load, phone is much more responsive. Buying was a simple decision, since they offer 50% off thru the end of the year. For $15, this is the best phone app I've downloaded so far!

Thanks again for the suggestions - I'm beginning to love my Imagio again!!!

Rick

johnbrain 12-19-2009 12:37 PM

Where is SPB Mobile Shell available for $15? I looked at screenshots and may give it a try though I do like TF3D.

P.S. Is it time consuming to customize? And all my calendar entries are in HTC Calendar? Do I need to manually transfer them over?