PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   HTC Wifi sharing speed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=102224)

dadguy 12-18-2009 02:10 AM

HTC Wifi sharing speed

HI All,

I"m using the HTC wifi sharing program I found referenced here and d/l'd from xda-dev but it has been really really slow loading pages... My son has an imagio as well and uses wmwifirouter and three laptops were connected through his imagio at the same time and all had decent load times... I tried to use wmwifirouter but for some reason it would'nt connect with my laptop...my son and I both use the exact same laptop only difference being he runs windows 7 and I am still using vista...

so my question is how is everyone else doing throughput wise using the imagio for a wireless router? I"m not expecting blazing fast speeds but actually watching the google logo load the graphic line by line is a bit much I think... any thoughts or suggestions welcome...

Thanks

Dadguy

dadguy 12-18-2009 02:12 AM

Re: HTC Wifi sharing speed

btw... being new here, I'm not sure what the little thumbs down graphic next to this post in the list means... did I do something wrong?

Dadguy

thepolishguy 12-18-2009 03:37 AM

I am using XDA Tom Condon's internet sharing on my Imagio (thank you Tom) and it works really fast for me. Running Vista on a cheapie (wal-mart) toshiba. by fast i simply mean fast enough to stream video from HULU w/o stuttering.

don't know if that helps.

Slack3r 12-18-2009 09:02 AM

I managed to pull 2.5mb/s from mine with the same program, so maybe something else is wrong? How good was your 3G signal when you were having issues?

I mean, I could actually play Left 4 Dead 2 with no lag. Seriously.

saxman1212 12-18-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slack3r (Post 1422528)
I managed to pull 2.5mb/s from mine with the same program, so maybe something else is wrong? How good was your 3G signal when you were having issues?

I mean, I could actually play Left 4 Dead 2 with no lag. Seriously.

what carrier are you using? Verizon?

or are you using the GSM radio on a diff network?

can you post a link to the ICS that you are using? thanks

Slack3r 12-18-2009 12:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by saxman1212 (Post 1422562)
what carrier are you using? Verizon?

or are you using the GSM radio on a diff network?

can you post a link to the ICS that you are using? thanks

Yes, I'm on Verizon. At the time, I had between 3-4 bars of 3G service.

I attached the cabs that I used, I got them from a thread in the TP2 section a while back, but I can't find it anymore.

ebayking90 12-18-2009 12:17 PM

What does the ICS and WModem Fix do?

Slack3r 12-18-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayking90 (Post 1422822)
What does the ICS and WModem Fix do?

From what I understand it enables stealth tethering, so Verizon can't track your data usage. I've been using it for over a month, and I haven't seen any charges on my cell phone bill.

The method I used is over a month old, and was designed for the TP2, but I'm still using it on my Imagio without any problems.

ebayking90 12-18-2009 12:46 PM

I haven't installed that cab and when I use the Wifi sharing, I haven't incurred any extra charges.

dadguy 12-19-2009 02:57 AM

well the 3g signal was good when I started up the wifi sharing program...but I wonder if I'm having an issue with it switching back to 1X... I should have decent speed on the phone using a browser but I don't...its really slow there as well....I'm not sure how best to proceed with troubleshooting it. I have not used the wmodem_fix.cab file on the imagio I just installed the wifi sharing cab is the wmodem needed/useful?