PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

docinthebox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
revert to wm6.1 from wm6.5

Geez I HATE wm6.5. It truly sucks! The Imagio is a very nice phone with a beautiful screen and form factor, but wm6.5 is way too buggy, the new Internet Explorer is next to useless, Opera and Skyfire are only slightly better but are still almost non functional. My favorite apps do not work on wm6.5. Crashes are far more frequent in wm6.5. I would gladly give up the finger touch capability if I could roll back to 6.1.

Does any body have a way to get wm 6.1 onto the Imagio?

Thanks
Doc
Old 12-20-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: revert to wm6.1 from wm6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by docinthebox View Post
Geez I HATE wm6.5. It truly sucks! The Imagio is a very nice phone with a beautiful screen and form factor, but wm6.5 is way too buggy, the new Internet Explorer is next to useless, Opera and Skyfire are only slightly better but are still almost non functional. My favorite apps do not work on wm6.5. Crashes are far more frequent in wm6.5. I would gladly give up the finger touch capability if I could roll back to 6.1.

Does any body have a way to get wm 6.1 onto the Imagio?

Thanks
Doc
only after we get the unlocker, and only if someone wants to make a 6.1 rom for it......they probably won't.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

yep u got to wait until the unlocker drops?

Old 12-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docinthebox is a n00b

Guess it's back to the Verizon store to trade the Imagio for a TouchPro2. I did not especially like the TP2 when I saw it, too thick with the keyboard, but did not try it in my pocket. A Droid would be good for the form factor, but I do not want a toy, I need a business phone. What the hell was MS thinking when they brought of wm 6.5?

Doc
Old 12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Windows Mobile 6.5 isn't that bad, it's just the build they used on the Imagio has a HUGE memory leak for some reason.

Just wait for the unlocker, I'm sure we'll get someone to cook a newer 6.5 build onto it.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

docinthebox is a n00b

For the way I use the phone, I think it's 6.5 that's my problem. 4 out of my 5 main apps either don't work or are severely compromised. First, I do not like TF3D, it seems built for social organization, which does not interest me. Spb Pocket Plus is buggy on 6.5 with no update in sight. Spb Diary is all but non funtional in 6.5, also with no update in sight. Phone Alarm is buggy, logmein does not work period. The only critical app that works is ePocrates.

Thanks for your replies.

Doc
Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio - Moto Droid

fordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good workfordnfishin is keeping up the good work

Wow I never heard anyone wanting 6.1, I was so glad to get rid of it when I had my touch pro, haven't used 6.1 for almost a year. As soon as the unlocker came, I'm talking hours after, I put 6.5 on my touch pro2 to get rid of the bugs on it (thanks mighty mike). I honestly think your crazy. The imagio is plagued by a non functional version of touch flo, just wait bro.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:09 AM
N00b

Sellador is a n00b

WM 6.5 is a new OS. With changes, developers sometimes need to update their applications. It's not the fault of the OS that SPB doesn't put a high enough priority on Pocket Plus or Diary to have released updated versions yet. I know it's disappointing, but SPB says they're working on it. On your dislike for TF3D, I agree with you. It didn't suit me at all (except the cool weather animations). I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 and it works great with WM 6.5. If you stay with the Imagio, that would be a great option.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio