PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Taskbar with 3G icon

I use resco explorer to do all my copying and pasting. That is the only way I found to work. The htc file explorer wont do it I believe, neither will explorer window on my desktop
Old 12-18-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

You must uninstall any other tsowen taskbar you may have this will remove the old tapres.192.dll file, then with Total Commander you can copy the new DLL file to Windows Folder. mine would not overwrite or copy till i removed the old DLL File

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 12-18-2009, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon wireless

jadedame is keeping up the good workjadedame is keeping up the good work

Mine worked just fine with total commander.

After unzipping the .dll file with your desktop and putting the .dll file on the storage card, copy the .dll file from the storage card to the \windows directory and replace.

Thanks keith!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

keithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkeithdupont is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa_sailor View Post
So, how did you copy it? I've got the same issue as toadman. I tried through an explorer window on my desktop and with Total Commander on my PPC. Neither let me copy it.

I also copied the .dll file to a folder on my storage card and then used Total Commander to copy it to the windows folder, but that didn't work either.
I used resco explorer but total commander should work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
The wait cursor is in the shellres.dll or shellres.96.dll. This taskbar was probably built with the 6.1 wait cursor shellres file. If you open that dll you can replace it with the 6.5 version.
I am playing with it a little, but work is getting in the way.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Total Commander didn't work, but Resco Explorer did.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsa_sailor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed the bluetooth icon doesn't have a transparent background. There's a black frame around the symbol. The only time it's noticable on my phone is when it's in the lock screen mode though.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

Men, i hate to bother you with stupid stuff but does anyone have a quick explination of how to copy files to folders. Can i do it through Active Sync? (connect my phone and move the file to the windows folder from where I saved it?). Or if not, where do you bring the file to on the phone from my computer????? And it just goes into the "windows" folder period? no sub folder in "windows" ????? sorry

Last edited by wedgemoose; 12-18-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Usually you can copy files around with Active Sync and your desktop computer by browsing to the appropriate folders. On your phone, though it comes with a program called "File Explorer" it doesn't work as well as Total Commander, a program for your phone you can download. However, I couldn't get it to copy the Tapres.192.dll file to the \Windows folder on the phone, I had to get a copy of Resco Explorer to do it.

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm - Total Comander website
http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/ - Resco Explorer website
Old 12-18-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work

I have Resco Explorer. But can i just use active sync and click on the windows folder (of the phone) and then slide in that file from my desktop?? If so then why would I need to use resco? I'm transferring the said file from my desktop to my windows folder(of phone) through active sync. Shouldn't that work?

Or do i need to transfer the said file to somewhere on my phone and then use resco to copy it. If so, where do i transfer that file to??? all my apps i transfer to a folder I made called "downloads" (of the phone). But this isn't a CAB. So do i need a "note pad" type program on my phone???

thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried copying it with Active Sync and the desktop machine. It didn't work, either because the file was in use or protected.
So I copied the file to my storage card, then used Resco to copy it from the storage card to the internal memory folder \windows. It asked if I wanted to overwrite it and I answered yes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio