PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: AT&T

PineTreeComp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Imagio Owner Needs ROM Recommendation

Hi,
New member here and new Imagio owner.

I've set the phone up to use AT&T GSM only and it seems to work fine except for sending text/MMS messages. It insists on using the default Verizon messaging number and I haven't been able to fix this.
It also shows up in my account(online call logging) as being in the Eastern Time Zone instead of Central where I'm located. I've got the time and zone set in the clock and city locations but the calls still register as Eastern.

I'd like to flash a ROM that removes all or as much of the Verizon branding/settings as possible and hopefully gives me access to all the other settings as well.

If anyone has recommendations it would be greatly appreciated. I already have the HSPL unlocker flashed so I just need to choose a ROM.
Thanks in Advance.
PTC

Last edited by PineTreeComp; 06-13-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Re: New Imagio Owner Needs ROM Recommendation

Check out the Energy ROM and Teya ROM and try the one which best suits your needs. Teya ROM is fast and leaves more free memory. Energy ROM has more variety and is updated more frequently.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PineTreeComp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
Check out the Energy ROM and Teya ROM and try the one which best suits your needs. Teya ROM is fast and leaves more free memory. Energy ROM has more variety and is updated more frequently.
Thanks for the quick response bawaji, I appreciate it.
I had my eye on the Energy ROM and have been reading about it. It looks nice but was wondering if one ROM or another might be more advantageous for using in GSM mode.

I've flashed a lot of firmware and BIOS over the years but I'm never really happy about it even though I've only lost one board to a bad flash.
I am really leary about flashing this phone and would like to do it no more than once if I can help it. My luck is bound to run out eventually. Do you think one or the other might be better for GSM?
Thanks,
PTC
Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I personally tried Teya in my last days owning the HTC Imagio and came to love it over Energy ROM. It takes less resources, and seems to run faster/lighter than Energy ROM, highly customizable, and it absolutely beautiful to look at.

However, I ran Energy ROM since almost day one, it is feature full and convenient, highly customizable as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PineTreeComp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0himba View Post
I personally tried Teya in my last days owning the HTC Imagio and came to love it over Energy ROM. It takes less resources, and seems to run faster/lighter than Energy ROM, highly customizable, and it absolutely beautiful to look at.

However, I ran Energy ROM since almost day one, it is feature full and convenient, highly customizable as well.
Thank you y0himba,
I guess I will try the Energy ROM and see if it gives access to some of the settings I can't access now.
Thanks,
PTC
Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I have tried Energy ROM when running GSM abroad and have had no issues. This was before the days of Teya ROM.

pm_mazur has recently reported running the phone using GSM in Europe here with no issues either.

Do check out both the ROMs to get a flavor of what is out there.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PineTreeComp is a n00b

I really appreciate the input. I went ahead and flashed the Energy ROM and daaaamn, it's almost like going from Win2K straight to Win7. What a difference! It will take me a week or two to get through all the menus and settings. Really an incredible job.

Almost all the settings for AT&T seem to be pre-configured in GSM mode. Works great so far. I did notice the battery seeming to drain faster but that may have been because I was using WiFi and accessing so many menus.

I will probably try the Teya ROM at some point but want to get a feel for all the settings and options. I just can't believe how different this device is with the new ROM.
Thanks Again to everyone for all the suggestions. I need to play with it a little more and then I'll update on my progress.
Thanks,
PTC
Old 06-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Welcome to the world of custom ROMs! If only the Imagio had 512MB of RAM, I wouldn't have to think of buying another phone for another year at least!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Lurker

R.Camacho is a n00b

Hi Buddy. I own a HTC Imagio as well. Having problems sending or recieving text messages with attached photos. Can you advice me where or how to obtain this energy rom your talking about. Thank you.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

PineTreeComp is a n00b

You can find all the firmwares (ROM's) at the top of the Imagio forum under 'Imagio Development', however I don't think it will solve your MMS problem. At least it didn't for me.
I can send/receive texts fine but not MMS. I also cannot send to an e-mail address. Attempts at either show an error with an unknown phone number that isn't AT&T MMS.
I've tried numerous fixes including registry edits but have yet to solve the problem.

Strangely, even though the message won't go through, AT&T charges me for a message sent.
If you find a fix that works please post it here. My searches reveal many having this problem.
PTC

Last edited by PineTreeComp; 06-20-2011 at 12:46 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio