PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Your comments appreciated

I've had a verizon tp2 for the past 3 months and love it. It's beginning to seem a tad heavy tho, w/kb and all. So from what I've seen and read The imagio seems the perfect alternative. Same os/specs(mostly) and no kb to weigh it and me down. But....
The os seems more laggy, is it the 6.5 ui? Even my tp2 with 6.5 is pretty snappy .
Was hoping for some new roms, but don't see any hspl yet. Is interest waning already or did it never quite get going? The imagio section of the forum is kind of slow moving which makes me think interest is dying off a bit.
I notice alot of you here have been tp2 users previously and opted over to imagio. This is my thought and why I'm within my 30 day trial and mulling over this device. I really like the lighter weight, I don't need a kb alot, just for brief notes so no hard kb is ok. But the lagginess concerns me. I know there are tweak cabs available and have tried some already. If you would comment on which ones you've found that do the most good I'd appreciate it.
My biggest wonder tho is why the seeming diff in the tp2 os to the imagio as far as the quickness of the os? My tp2 was ready to go and fast right out of the box.
I'm kinda rambling, but these are just some concerns and questions I had.
One more thing. Has anybody broke their battery cover yet? Seems awful flimsy, especially near the bottom where the shiny meets the matte. I cringe whenever I have to remove it.

TIA
Old 12-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Re: Your comments appreciated

i wouldn't say interest is fading. just not much to talk about until the hspl is released.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

the forum is slow because there is only soo much that can be done till it is unlocked. That being said, there seems to have actually been an increase in traffic in here, just nothing new has really been happening.. lots of new posts, but many on old topics..
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

heydr is keeping up the good workheydr is keeping up the good work

i agree, if anything i would say this forum shows lots of interest and enthusiasm, its just that we are all sitting around waiting. not many of us have the hspl know-how. just look at how excited people got over conflipper. once the unlock comes, which it obviously will, youll see a flood of all kinds of cool stuff. and i believe the post just above mine is by someone who cooked up some mighty good omnia roms if memory serves? and one of the mods is an imagio owner and longtime cook.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm ok with waiting for the hspl. Wish I was knowledgeable enough to help . OMG we all waited seemingly forever for the tp2 unlocker. My concern was more a possible lack of interest in the imagio, which I see is probably unfounded. I'm still debating whether to keep it or get a full refund. Been tweaking it a bit, seeing what it will do and not do. I love the lighter weight coming from a tp2. But paid a hefty price for it as I wasn't due an upgrade(used that for the tp2).
I'll hang with it and get real familiar with it then make up my mind. I love slipping my phone into a shirt pocket and it's quite lighter than my old babe.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

i just swapped a verizon TP2 for the Imagio for the following reasons. i know the ups/downs of phones & WM but the Imagio is possibly the finest phone available today in the USA (any carrier):

1. i thought i'd need the slider/full keyboard but i don't and when i might it's no benefit. the keyboard itself is too wide and the keys (special keys) too different in location from the onscreen board so it's never second nature to use.

2. size/weight. the TP2 is a GREAT phone if you need the physical keyboard but it's too thick and heavy when not in use

3. the TP2's screen/buttons are too close to the edge, making button use and onscreen-touch use more difficult than needed. the Imagio feels much better in your hand during phone calls & internet use. the bezel spaces the screen allowing easier hold & one-hand operation (thumb swiping/clicking)

4. Imagio has the 5th hardbutton (extra center button) on the front making it MUCH easier to use with TouchFlo or any frontpage. the 5th button is a lifesaver and it protrudes enough to find without looking.

5. volume up/down buttons on a better place than TP2 (too many accidental hits with TP2).

6. winmo6.5 is much cleaner and better imho. i don't need rom updates weekly just a clean/reliable phone and wm65 >> wm61 with no need to wipe/rinse/flush for a while. MightyMike & these fine folks won't make me more productive, if anything create more hassle later.

7. i did the no push hack and SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab hack as well as remove Verizon TV from registry. no-brainers.

8. i don't use IE often but IE6? on wm6.5 is 10x better than what wm6.1 has so that is another tool in the drawer so to speak if needed.

Now the Imagio is not yet hackable which is a dealbreaker to many here. It seems locked to Verizon for now in the USA another reason why it's not a blog-favorite. It simply is a great phone though imho. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
I've had a verizon tp2 for the past 3 months and love it. It's beginning to seem a tad heavy tho, w/kb and all. So from what I've seen and read The imagio seems the perfect alternative. Same os/specs(mostly) and no kb to weigh it and me down. But....
The os seems more laggy, is it the 6.5 ui? Even my tp2 with 6.5 is pretty snappy .
Was hoping for some new roms, but don't see any hspl yet. Is interest waning already or did it never quite get going? The imagio section of the forum is kind of slow moving which makes me think interest is dying off a bit.

I notice alot of you here have been tp2 users previously and opted over to imagio. This is my thought and why I'm within my 30 day trial and mulling over this device. I really like the lighter weight, I don't need a kb alot, just for brief notes so no hard kb is ok. But the lagginess concerns me. I know there are tweak cabs available and have tried some already. If you would comment on which ones you've found that do the most good I'd appreciate it.

My biggest wonder tho is why the seeming diff in the tp2 os to the imagio
as far as the quickness of the os? My tp2 was ready to go and fast right out of the box.
I'm kinda rambling, but these are just some concerns and questions I had.
One more thing. Has anybody broke their battery cover yet? Seems awful flimsy, especially near the bottom where the shiny meets the matte. I cringe whenever I have to remove it.

TIA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcianc View Post
i just swapped a verizon TP2 for the Imagio for the following reasons. i know the ups/downs of phones & WM but the Imagio is possibly the finest phone available today in the USA (any carrier):

1. i thought i'd need the slider/full keyboard but i don't and when i might it's no benefit. the keyboard itself is too wide and the keys (special keys) too different in location from the onscreen board so it's never second nature to use.

2. size/weight. the TP2 is a GREAT phone if you need the physical keyboard but it's too thick and heavy when not in use

3. the TP2's screen/buttons are too close to the edge, making button use and onscreen-touch use more difficult than needed. the Imagio feels much better in your hand during phone calls & internet use. the bezel spaces the screen allowing easier hold & one-hand operation (thumb swiping/clicking)

4. Imagio has the 5th hardbutton (extra center button) on the front making it MUCH easier to use with TouchFlo or any frontpage. the 5th button is a lifesaver and it protrudes enough to find without looking.

5. volume up/down buttons on a better place than TP2 (too many accidental hits with TP2).

6. winmo6.5 is much cleaner and better imho. i don't need rom updates weekly just a clean/reliable phone and wm65 >> wm61 with no need to wipe/rinse/flush for a while. MightyMike & these fine folks won't make me more productive, if anything create more hassle later.

7. i did the no push hack and SSK TP2 Dynamic Resource Proxy.cab hack as well as remove Verizon TV from registry. no-brainers.

8. i don't use IE often but IE6? on wm6.5 is 10x better than what wm6.1 has so that is another tool in the drawer so to speak if needed.

Now the Imagio is not yet hackable which is a dealbreaker to many here. It seems locked to Verizon for now in the USA another reason why it's not a blog-favorite. It simply is a great phone though imho. Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time for such a thourough reply. I did find the ssk dynamic cab and it works very well to free up extra ram. There is no push internet on the imagio tho, so not sure why the need for that tweak. I haven't had opera close on me since installing ssk tweak. I'm fine with the oem Rom. Seems alot smoother now. My biggest hurdle is adjusting to the virtual kb. I do hate greasy smudges on my screen.Lol. The rest is pretty good stuff. The lesser weight is really a treat.
Funny, you say you like the vol. buttons on the diff side. I find it ok but the exact opposite of my tp2. Small learning curve, But the stylus, yes I do pull it out, being on the left, again, the oposite of what I was used to with the tp2, and I'm right handed.Lol. Another small learning curve. I've only had it 5 days. I'm liking it more tho. How'd you get rid of the tv, and does it free up any more ram
Edit: forgot to mention how great the speaker is. Compared to my tp2's dualie, it's at least as good and I think maybe better, very good sound quality and volume.

Last edited by cbreze; 12-16-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

gcianc is becoming a great contributor

sure thing, i figured others reading might be of interest. No push? i just assumed there was and ran that anyways. LOL

The stylus on the left of the Imagio (right on TP2) is annoying to me as i'm righty also (but rarely use the stylus). When i turned the TP2 landscape the vol buttons were hit 99% of the time plus i tend to hold with the right hand and the vol buttons on the TP2 were right where my fingers would grab the body.

Couple of other positives for Imagio...

* wm6.5 lock screen is great showing appts and unread email count. easy swipe to unlock.

* 5MP camera is great as you can crop more (use microsoft pictures & video application not HTC album to crop) since the zoom is marginal.

* the touchscreen is less sensitive (default & after setup & registry tweaks/advanced config) in the TouchFlo areas like "all applications" so you can actually scroll thru the applications without accidentally starting the wrong one.

* iDialer (google dialer from supware.net/iDialer ) works perfectly with the "phone" home softkey so you can pull up google dialer instantly. This might work the same way with WM6.1/TP2 but i had to rearrange many of those keys due to the clumsy default setup and lack of 5th front key).

The Imagio just might be the pefect phone yet made for me. It's barely larger than the really nice Ozone (great qwerty "blackberry" style phone)

Highly recommended.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio