PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Q9C
Carrier: VZW

johnbrain is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Freezes/Lags on Wake Up

My phone occasionally freezes or lags on wake up. It seems stuck between the world of the HTC UI and the WM6.5 UI. I suspect it has something to do with HTC CleanRAM while it sleeps overnight. The screen will come on. I can patiently wait a long time for a menu.

What I usually do is hold the Power Off button and I can get the Power Menu. I just turn the phone off and back on since I can't use SKTools for a soft reset at that point.

Annoying yes. But not the end of the world.

If anyone has thoughts please share.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

jon_oest is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jon_oest Send a message via MSN to jon_oest Send a message via Yahoo to jon_oest
Re: Phone Freezes/Lags on Wake Up

mines doing the same thing ,im running clean ram also. its getting some what annoying when your in a hurry to call someone lol, mines also freezing in the text messaging part i turned off tf3d and just running 6.5 but still see the lag when i try to exit messages even after a fresh delete of sms and mms.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: alltel

gg102 is a n00b

I had the exact same problem, and sometimes I would miss a call because the slider would move left and get stuck there; all while the phone was ringing. Eventually, it would unfreeze, but by then the call went to VMail. It was very annoying.

What I tried was to remove S2U2, and the problem went away. I like S2U2, so I went back to a version number that I was using on my Titan, (2.14), and I have not had the problem since. I continue to use version 2.14 even though I know there is a newer version.

I DO NOT use S2U2 to ANSWER the phone anymore because of this problem, but I DO USE it to unlock from sleep. I suspect there is some issue with the two sliders or something.

IF you are using S2U2, try uninstalling it. If your problem goes away, you have a path to research.

Please post your findings, so we can all benifit.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I'm not familiar with S2U2. Can you explain what all that is?
Old 12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Lurker

gg102 is a n00b

Slide to Unlock
Developer's site link here http://www.ac-s2.com/ and the XDA thread is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=527523

Since you are not familiar with it, I'm guessing you're not using it, so your locking problem is most likely caused by something else.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I am sing whatever Slider is on the stock ROM. Happened again this a.m. I need to keep track of it. Sometimes I have a solid charge on the weekends and don;t charge overnight. I charge every night during the week pretty much.

I am wondering if there's a conflict with a full charge notification of something. Additionally I had 5 Emails in the indicator, but 15 emails when I rebooted. So I wonder if there's some hitch with Live Mail.

It's odd because this hasn't happened in awhile. In installed Swype recently, but I doubt that's it.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker

gg102 is a n00b

For myself, I am still using the stock "slide to answer" but I have disabled the slide to unlock from the stock ROM, I use S2U2's slide to unlock. I also have Swype, no problems. I have had a lot of emails, or none, no difference. Battery shouldn't matter. Any applications you run shouldn't matter. It's some system level issue, somewhere.

I wil also add, that when I first got my Imagio, I did a lot of tweaking. Eventually, I had to do a hard boot because some tweaks from other devices don't work on the Imagio and might screw up something. I thought it would be a good idea to only do things that directly worked.

I DID remove the TV icon, and stopped the notification manager because it's annoying. I also stopped CM guardian.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio