PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

For those of you who have the plaguing problem of your data connection dropping to 1X, I'm trying to spearhead this issue with Verizon and need your help.

Everytime I open a ticket, it get's closed stating that it's a signal issue with a specific location. We all know that this is not the case. I finally have got ahold of a Tech supervisor who gave me all of his contact information so that we could ALL direct our issue to him. He would then get it elevated through the proper channels and then hopfully they can find a fix. It's my hope that we can all email or call him and explain our issue. He was very nice to work with on the phone and said he is dedicated to getting the problem resolved. I think he's looking at this from a global look rather than an isolated one like every other tech I've spoken to.

Here is his contact information:

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center

Please email or call him with your information and make sure to inform him all of the steps that you've tried that have been unsuccessful (new phone, hard reset, etc etc).

I will try and follow up with him later in the week. Msg here if you contacted him. Hopefully we can get this fixed and be left with just an awesome working phone!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruyn View Post
For those of you who have the plaguing problem of your data connection dropping to 1X, I'm trying to spearhead this issue with Verizon and need your help.

Everytime I open a ticket, it get's closed stating that it's a signal issue with a specific location. We all know that this is not the case. I finally have got ahold of a Tech supervisor who gave me all of his contact information so that we could ALL direct our issue to him. He would then get it elevated through the proper channels and then hopfully they can find a fix. It's my hope that we can all email or call him and explain our issue. He was very nice to work with on the phone and said he is dedicated to getting the problem resolved. I think he's looking at this from a global look rather than an isolated one like every other tech I've spoken to.

Here is his contact information:

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center

Please email or call him with your information and make sure to inform him all of the steps that you've tried that have been unsuccessful (new phone, hard reset, etc etc).

I will try and follow up with him later in the week. Msg here if you contacted him. Hopefully we can get this fixed and be left with just an awesome working phone!
this was also happening to some tp2 users on verizon ! so op u might want to get the mods to move this to a more general fourm so u can get more support!!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, I own a TP2 and heard Imagio users were having this problem as well. I've posted it in as many forums as I could. Are you having this issue as well?
Old 11-10-2009, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

makryger is becoming a great contributor

Sent my email!
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

Hello,
I was informed that you may make an effort that is plaguing many Imagio and TP2 users. I have been round and round with HTC and Verizon and no one seems to want to really look at this problem. There is lots of finger pointing but no one is helping the consumer. Why this person from HTC went on about my Wi-Fi, I'm not certain. I only mentioned that my wi-fi is one bar in my house when all my other devices in the same room are 3-4 bars.

I have a business blackberry and I never get stuck in a 1X signal... Many peopole are so frustrated in trying to get an answer that they are trouble shooting the devices themselfs. I have a replacement device now that I just put on line yesterday..Im not sure if it will stick... Other have done 3 replacements and they have all stuck.

Level 2 support at Verizon has been actually rude to me. I mean I call and I feel like I'm bothering someone. They talk like I'm crazy and I'm the only person with this issue. I have asked for a blackberry storm 2 and the won't budge. Instead they tell me I'm suppose to use a device as it is and there nothing they can do about it. Now I'm getting a refurbed phone to replace my brand new phone...That doesn't seem right to me. How would they feel?

Anyhow, any help you can give us would be great,,,,
Thank You
Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

Boss428man is a n00b

What I have noticed is if I install FInixNOverBatteryIconsOnly the 3G icon permanently changes to 1X and with out it it stays on 3G. However my speeds don't seem as fast as my older Diamond with Rev A. I don't know hopefully they will come out with updates like the BB and Droid more often.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SMT5800

hrmax is a n00b

I had the same issue with my Imagio and 2nd level support was very friendly and helped me fix the issue. They had me reprogram my phone (*22899). After it automatically reset my phone, I had 3G again.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmax View Post
I had the same issue with my Imagio and 2nd level support was very friendly and helped me fix the issue. They had me reprogram my phone (*22899). After it automatically reset my phone, I had 3G again.
I'm sorry to inform you this, but the problem will probably come back. *22899 or any of the other things that we do to get the phone back to 3G is only a temp fix. Eventually, the 3G will drop back to 1X at some point.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

daroga is just getting started

What exactly is this problem? I've had it get stuck in 1X a few times, but a quick reset fixed it. Is there a problem beyond this that people are having?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daroga View Post
What exactly is this problem? I've had it get stuck in 1X a few times, but a quick reset fixed it. Is there a problem beyond this that people are having?
That IS the problem. The main issue is that it sometimes is much worse, where you can't get it back to 3G unless you reset 4, 5 or more times or do some other options like *228 option 1 or pull the battery etc. The phone is not suppose to do it and it's normal. I'm guessing that if that happened to you, that it will happen again and maybe even worse. Please email Kevin at Verizon Wireless (contact info on previous post) if the problem comes back. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio