PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

rankinsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need HKLM/Init registry file

Okay, I was trying to put in the registry hacks to remove the TV icon, and I think I may have deleted a folder in the HKLM/Init folder in the Registry that I shouldn't have. I made a backup of my entire registry before I started with CeRegEditor, but the backup seems to be invalid - When I load it into CERegEditor, it only shows the main folders - no keys or values.

Could someone make a backup of their HKLM/init file and upload it to this thread so I can compare it to mine and see if I deleted something I shouldn't have?

I'm running a non-modded, pre-MR1 rom.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-06-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bradleyem is just getting started
Re: Need HKLM/Init registry file

Have you tried just doing a hard reset? That should reset the phone to stock, and rebuild the registry to an as-shipped condition. It's not a good idea to import the registry from another phone, because ANY slight difference in software or configuration could cause you all kinds of hard to troubleshoot issues. You're probably better off reverting to stock, and settig everything back up. And use the cab file that I posted in this: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120227 thread to remove the TV icon

Last edited by bradleyem; 05-06-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rankinsr is a n00b

I'd rather not hard reset and have to re-install everything and reconfigure everything the way I have it. Especially since, so far, my phone seems to be working fine
I'm also not looking to restore someone else's entire registry. I just want to see what other people have in there HKLM/init directory to verify if I did delete something I shouldn't have. I'll recognize the folder if I see it (just off the top of my head, I can't recall what it was named and whether it may have been called). I may have actually deleted the folder I was supposed to delete in a different folder, but I just have this nagging thought that I may deleted something in HKLM/init that I shouldn't have.

If someone has CERegEditor or similar on a PC, they should be able to just export the HKLM/import folder to a text file which I can then view in notepad or something to compare it to mine.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankinsr View Post
Okay, I was trying to put in the registry hacks to remove the TV icon, and I think I may have deleted a folder in the HKLM/Init folder in the Registry that I shouldn't have. I made a backup of my entire registry before I started with CeRegEditor, but the backup seems to be invalid - When I load it into CERegEditor, it only shows the main folders - no keys or values.

Could someone make a backup of their HKLM/init file and upload it to this thread so I can compare it to mine and see if I deleted something I shouldn't have?

I'm running a non-modded, pre-MR1 rom.

Thanks,
Ray

Here you go, note, the keys for tv icon are not there (I don't use vzw tv). If you need these values, let me know and I will get them for you.
Attached Files
File Type: reg init.reg (1.2 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

rankinsr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Here you go, note, the keys for tv icon are not there (I don't use vzw tv). If you need these values, let me know and I will get them for you.
Many thanks! That's exactly what I needed - as I expected, I had accidentally deleted the MFOSAL folder. Thanks to you, I've now restored it.

Anybody know what the key in that folder ("TimerOffset"=dword:00000008 ) is actually for?

Thanks,
Ray

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio