PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to undo the "disconnect network" change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
hmmm. For me the issue is intermittent - yesterday on the train it kept cutting out on the Sirius (shutting off network). Today in my car I listened for 45 minutes with no problem. But one thing I noticed for sure that's different: when a phone call comes in (even when it's duration is shorter than the time period I specified in the CacheTime), the network is shut off. Before, I could go right back to browsing/listening when the phone call hung up. Could you check to see if it happens to you also?

thanks!!

Mike
Well since phone disconnect data connection any time a phone call comes through by default and the reconnect command was removed from registry to stop network reconnecting when not needed, you should be able to just click play or connect in software and playing should reconnect and start playing again without issue (Kind of like pausing play back)

If this doesn't work you can try increasing disconnect time to resolve this but try clicking play and see if it restarts play back first... (Use 60 for every minute = 5 minutes - 300)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

mlevin77 is just getting started
Re: timeout after network inactivity but no disconnect on incoming phone call

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Well since phone disconnect data connection any time a phone call comes through by default and the reconnect command was removed from registry to stop network reconnecting when not needed, you should be able to just click play or connect in software and playing should reconnect and start playing again without issue (Kind of like pausing play back). If this doesn't work you can try increasing disconnect time to resolve this but try clicking play and see if it restarts play back first... (Use 60 for every minute = 5 minutes - 300)
Yes, hitting "Play" again (or "Sync" in my email) does automatically reconnect, but I like the original default behavior, which allows the network to stay connected (although not active) during a call. Luckily, the "uninstall" app you provided got me back to this - thanks!! I wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds - timeout after inactivity but no disconnect on incoming phone call.

Mike
Old 04-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
Yes, hitting "Play" again (or "Sync" in my email) does automatically reconnect, but I like the original default behavior, which allows the network to stay connected (although not active) during a call. Luckily, the "uninstall" app you provided got me back to this - thanks!! I wish there was a way to have the best of both worlds - timeout after inactivity but no disconnect on incoming phone call.

Mike
I finally was able to get the issue you stated but I learned that the issue appears to be ROM specific, I flashed adortab rom today and I noticed that issue but when I went back to Patricks Orange Slim ROM I didn't have any issue even with the shut down patch installed. Oh well, guess just one of those things..

Last edited by Wildman; 04-15-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio

mlevin77 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
I finally was able to get the issue you stated but I learned that the issue appears to be ROM specific, I flashed adortab rom today and I noticed that issue but when I went back to Patricks Orange Slim ROM I didn't have any issue even with the shut down patch installed. Oh well, guess just one of those things..
I'm using the original Verizon ROM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Great Tweaks,Apps,SPB,Themes,ETC..

If you still needing a program to do this, try Bandswitch, I have been testing after another user suggested it and it really has possibilities.. Its not free but it may be worth a look. I have seen it listed for around 10.00 - 14.00.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc imagio
Carrier: verizon

ahasher is a n00b

Question on the Color Call History and Calender.cab. Installed but didnt show on my Imagio home screen properly. Uninstalled and now I get teh default b/w incons (both) always displayed. What edit changed these so i can have them back to hidden until la missed call or apopointment? Thanks! great work btw.. Just an error on my part im sure.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Lurker

pjpgarfield is a n00b

hey...I like my imagio, but it really makes me frustrated...now my new text message notification doesn't work...along with a new voice message notification...anyone know why. I have hads the phone for two months. The problem started on Monday. I haven't downloaded anything either.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker

alibby1029 is a n00b

Hi,

I'm kinda a newbie to all of this tweaking stuff, but I performed the TF3D rotation and s2u2 lock screen tweak via registry editor today thanks to this thread. It makes me kinda excited about my Imagio again lol

thanks for the great info!

~Alex
Old 07-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibby1029 View Post
Hi,

I'm kinda a newbie to all of this tweaking stuff, but I performed the TF3D rotation and s2u2 lock screen tweak via registry editor today thanks to this thread. It makes me kinda excited about my Imagio again lol

thanks for the great info!

~Alex
If that has got you excited -have you tried flashing a custom rom? that would really get you excited!
Old 07-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker

alibby1029 is a n00b

No,I bookmarked a link off of the site for a download for one, but I haven't gotten the chance to do it yet. What exactly will this do for my phone if I do it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio