PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   DeviceLock doesn't slide anymore (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100532)

nsa_sailor 12-07-2009 01:45 PM

DeviceLock doesn't slide anymore

When I turned my phone on this morning, the "Slide to Unlock" feature has disappeared. Now I have to click the left soft key and then another unlock button in a popup window.
Does anyone know how to get the slide to unlock thing back?

Nicaragüense 12-08-2009 01:01 AM

Re: DeviceLock doesn't slide anymore

go to settings, then all settings, then click "lock" from that menu. In there click on the display tab, and make sure "windows default" is chosen. if not pick it. if it is, then something is wrong with your slide lock files perhaps.

nsa_sailor 12-08-2009 10:56 AM

Switching to either Classic or Default didn't work. I checked the registry and it seems that maybe the Location Assist program "amAzeGPS" wrote something to the registry under HKLM\Comm\Security\LASS\AE \{50C13377-C66D-400C-889E-C316FC4AB374} that had a "AutoDeviceLockEnable" key. Unfortunately removing that key didn't seem to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure it started after installing that program.
Time for a hard reset. Sigh...

briannowicki 12-08-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsa_sailor (Post 1396032)
Switching to either Classic or Default didn't work. I checked the registry and it seems that maybe the Location Assist program "amAzeGPS" wrote something to the registry under HKLM\Comm\Security\LASS\AE \{50C13377-C66D-400C-889E-C316FC4AB374} that had a "AutoDeviceLockEnable" key. Unfortunately removing that key didn't seem to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure it started after installing that program.

you should be able to find the reg edit for this rather than having to hard reset try to search google before you wipe ur device :???:

nsa_sailor 12-08-2009 12:06 PM

I searched the registry for "devicelock" and was at least able to disable the locking.
The only keys other than the one above I found were in
HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight - AutoDeviceLockEnable and AutoDeviceLockTimeout
The Timeout is set to 5, and I changed the LockEnable to 0
and
HKCU\ControlPanel\keybd\DeviceLockWhenSuspend (set to 0)

HTCexy 12-08-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsa_sailor (Post 1396032)

I almost put that on my phone...and some1 else said that program messed there device up.

nsa_sailor 12-09-2009 10:53 AM

Could someone post a copy of the \Windows\DeviceLock.exe program? I would like to try replacing mine to see if this fixes the problem before I hard reset it.