PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Ingredients for a good ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100341)

makryger 12-06-2009 11:08 AM

Ingredients for a good ROM

Hopefully we will have an unlocked SPL soon. There was a thread in the over-crowded main forum that talks about what people want to see in a custom ROM. I've copied the list below (thanks cdodge!) and added my own things.

• Remove Verizon banner and other Verizon crap
  • Enable Manila\TF3D landscape mode
  • Remove TV icon\service
  • Be able to change backgrounds on all tabs and the program menu
  • Add shortcut for the Windows Internet connection sharing option
  • Enable TV out (if possible)
  • Disable the SMS Send notification
  • Ability to change weather update interval (not sure what the default is but I would like it to be around 60 minutes)
  • Latest manila\TF3D ??
  • Latest build of Windows Mobile???
  • Add Wifi Internet sharing to connections
  • Add memory fixes, fix memory leak
  • Use native Windows Mobile bluetooth profile. The HTC one sucks.
  • Remove shut-down verizon video.
  • Change start-up image to the animated Windows Phone logo.
  • Latest Opera Mobile build
  • Remove the bluetooth notification

Anything else anyone would like to see in a custom ROM?

saxman1212 12-06-2009 11:51 AM

Wirelessly posted (XV6975 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

if the memory leaks are fixed ill be happy, all of those suggestions are awesome.

be nice to try android out on here
too

w0rdie 12-06-2009 12:27 PM

Re: Ingredients for a good ROM

Con will be working on it... I wouldn't worry about "what it needs" as no one knows better than that guy.

cslawren 12-06-2009 03:03 PM

If it's Opera Mobile ye be wanting, make sure that you request hardware zoom bar support and that it is set as the default from the TF3D browser tab.

daroga 12-07-2009 07:05 AM

I'd be looking for a ROM that is as streamlined as possible. I use MobileShell rather than TF3D, so I'd love for something that would be feature rich, but enable MS to run as well as it possibly can on the phone.

Americanmetal 12-07-2009 02:59 PM

Manila 2.5 do want

briannowicki 12-07-2009 04:01 PM

I wish we could get NRGY working on an Imagio rom :P used his roms for years with my TP etc.. best i've every tried performance wise. would be better too now that VZW imagio isnt crippled as badly with prog. memory/ram as the TP(Raphael) was ](*,)

heydr 12-07-2009 06:28 PM

i want to be able to set a different wallpaper for each individual tab. now thatd be cool.

Mahalo 12-10-2009 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briannowicki (Post 1393801)
-SNIP- better too now that VZW imagio isnt crippled as badly with prog. memory/ram as the TP(Raphael) was ](*,)

That is actually how I got my Imagio for free! My Alltel TP died under warranty and when I requested a new one they tried to pawn off a crippled machine on me. NO WAY! I pulled $200 out of my pocket and told them that it was my early termination fee unless they gave me a phone with equal or better specs and they pulled out an Imagio from the back room which had just arrived a couple of hours before on the release date.

Conflippers ROM was fantastic and I ended up swapping out between his and the Mighty Mike/Silence ROM a few times before my keyboard had catastrophic hardware failure.

I especially liked that Conflipper's was made especially for my Alltel phone (I do still miss Alltel, but VZ Wireless has done a great job at customer service unlike their landline or internet customer service. Plus they kept all of my favorite people from my Alltel store.) All in all I was shocked to find a VZ product I don't hate to pay for.

I have all the faith in the world that the ROMs on their way to us will be extraordinary. Even the tweaks that have been widely posted make my phone perform very well, I can't wait for it to perform extraordinarily well.

I picked up a couple of days of overtime so I will be able to separately donate to the work they are going to undertake.

briannowicki 12-11-2009 09:42 AM

we need this in a rom! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94376