PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Hero Reviews

Thanks everyone for the reviews. The wife and I started looking at new phones for her today and came across this. I'm a TP2 user myself. At first she was dead against even really looking at it because of the lack of a slide-out keyboard. However, after these excellent reviews and such overall positive feedback from other sites I think she's hooked

The HTC Sense UI video was a deal maker too.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

I left ppc geeks for a while after getting rid of my touch pro and now I'm back!

I have the HTC hero and can't believe that I didn't leave sooner. This phone is amazing. From all of the free apps to just the feel of it. I have fat fingers and the keyboard on this thing is amazing. I would miss letters all the time on the on screen keyboard for the touch pro.

The only thing I'm missing right now is the tethering, but that is so minor at this point.

Old 11-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

aces2jokers is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to aces2jokers Send a message via Yahoo to aces2jokers Send a message via Skype™ to aces2jokers
Talking Re: HTC Hero Reviews

You know to tell the truth I got this phone about 24 hours ago and I'm amazed at the increased functionality right out the box. Coming from a Mogul (I know I didn't upgrade in forever ) I enjoyed the speed of the interface as well as having flash capability built into the phone. I find myself just playing games on facebooks just because I can lol. I love the camera it is by far the best camera I've ever had on a phone........ever. The app store is amazing. The amount of apps and games offered for free will destroy the minds of anyone used to winmo. I was a little distraught at first about not being able to check my battery percentage and found a free app in the market place in less that 3 minutes! Unheard of for winmo always took at least 10 mins to find and install the apps I needed . Bottom line I love it! I recommend it! I have a man crush on it!
Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_j View Post
I left ppc geeks for a while after getting rid of my touch pro and now I'm back!

I have the HTC hero and can't believe that I didn't leave sooner. This phone is amazing. From all of the free apps to just the feel of it. I have fat fingers and the keyboard on this thing is amazing. I would miss letters all the time on the on screen keyboard for the touch pro.

The only thing I'm missing right now is the tethering, but that is so minor at this point.
WiFi tether will accomplish this. Root the phone and run Modaco 1.1 it is seamless.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
WiFi tether will accomplish this. Root the phone and run Modaco 1.1 it is seamless.
I'm trying to get away from having to hack the crap out of the phones. I left windows mobile remember
Old 11-13-2009, 03:15 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
I'm trying to get away from having to hack the crap out of the phones. I left windows mobile remember
Haha I have to hack my stuff because it never has enough usability out of the box. To each their own for sure. But if you aren't rooting there's a way to do it in my Tips and Tricks thread for free. If you can't get that get PDANet.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried PDAnet the other night and for some reason it would not connect. Gave me the usual tethering error. Didn't have alot of time so i uninstalled it and said I would deal with it later
Old 11-13-2009, 06:20 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
I tried PDAnet the other night and for some reason it would not connect. Gave me the usual tethering error. Didn't have alot of time so i uninstalled it and said I would deal with it later
You can't have HTCSync and PDANet on your pc at the same time. One must be uninstalled in order for it to work.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

What program does it use for video playback (avi, mpeg4, etc) and hows the quality?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread about the (Usefull) apps that compare to the office apps of WinMo?

Does Droid Do Spreadsheets??

EDIT:
I guess "Documents To Go" "Claims" to function as word processor and spreadsheet "Viewer",
unless you purchase the software...
I belive Office Mobile IS FREE...
Sounds like Droids doin the scamm...

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 11-15-2009 at 07:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
android, hero, htc, sprint, verizon